Europe hotel performance results for ‘12
"Looking at the 38 European markets that we forecast", she continued, "we are currently predicting continued ADR growth during 2013 in 26 markets, where as the forecast sees 19 markets with declining occupancy performances"...
Highlights from key market performers for 2012 include (year-over-year comparisons, all currency in euros):
- Reykjavik, Iceland, rose 12.7 percent in occupancy to 70.3 percent, reporting the largest increase in that metric, followed by Bratislava, Slovakia, with a 10.4-percent occupancy increase to 51.4 percent.
- Athens, Greece, fell 10.5 percent in occupancy to 53.1 percent, reporting the largest decrease in that metric.
- Four markets achieved ADR increases of 10 percent or more: London, United Kingdom (+12.0 percent to EUR171.88); Tallinn, Estonia (+11.5 percent to EUR65.57); Warsaw, Poland (+10.5 percent to EUR82.98); and Reykjavik (+10.0 percent to EUR90.39).
- Bratislava posted the only double-digit ADR decrease, falling 10.0 percent to EUR62.25.
- Five markets experienced double-digit RevPAR growth in 2012: Reykjavik (+24.0 percent to EUR63.55); Dublin, Ireland (+14.1 percent to EUR65.87); Moscow, Russia (+11.9 percent to EUR98.52); Tallinn (+10.6 percent to EUR42.03); and Warsaw (+10.5 percent to EUR56.85).
- Athens fell 18.7 percent in RevPAR to EUR50.08, posting the largest decrease in that metric.
In December 2012, the region increased 2.8 percent in occupancy to 55.0 percent, rose 1.3 percent in ADR to EUR96.95 and was up 4.1 percent in RevPAR to EUR53.33.
Konstanze Auernheimer (STR Global)
Director of Marketing
Phone: +44 (0)207 922 1961
About STR Global
STR Global provides clients—including hotel operators, developers, financiers, analysts and suppliers to thehotel industry—access to hotel research with regular and custom reports covering Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and South America. STR Global provides a single source of global hotel data covering daily and monthly performance data, segmentation data, forecasts, annual profitability, pipeline and census information. Hotel operators can join the surveys on a complimentary basis and benefit from free industry data. STR Global is part of the STR family of companies and is proudly associated with STR, STR Analytics and Hotel News Now. For more information, please visit www.strglobal.com.