STR: Asia Pacific hotel pipeline for August 2017
Under Contract data includes projects in the In Construction, Final Planning and Planning stages but does not include projects in the Unconfirmed stage.
The Asia Pacific region reported 284,542 rooms in 1,239 projects In Construction for the month. Based on number of rooms, that is a 16.4% increase in year-over-year comparisons.
Six countries in the region reported more than 10,000 rooms In Construction:
- China (164,538 rooms in 649 projects)
- Indonesia (21,925 rooms in 116 projects)
- India (20,149 rooms in 121 projects)
- Vietnam (11,556 rooms in 44 projects)
- Malaysia (11,107 rooms in 47 projects)
- Australia (10,486 rooms in 61 projects)
Media & Communications Coordinator - STR
STR provides clients from multiple market sectors with premium, global data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 16 countries with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and an international headquarters in London, England. For more information, please visit str.com.