STR: Europe hotel performance for September 2018
- Sofia experiences double-digit performance gains
- Budapest posts record performance levels
Euro constant currency, September 2018 vs. September 2017
- Occupancy: -0.7% to 80.7%
- Average daily rate (ADR): +3.6% to EUR123.09
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): +2.8% to EUR99.38
Local currency, September 2018 vs. September 2017
- Occupancy: +6.2% to 75.3%
- ADR: +20.5% to BGN167.29
- RevPAR: +27.9% to BGN125.98
The absolute occupancy was the highest for any month in Sofia since October 2016. The ADR value was the highest for a September since 2008.
- Occupancy: +0.1% to 90.5%
- ADR: +14.8% to HUF33,065.71
- RevPAR: +15.0% to HUF29,938.14
The absolute ADR and RevPAR levels were the highest for any September in STR's Budapest database. STR analysts attribute the strong performance to an increase in inbound tourism and a continued lack of supply growth in the market.
STR provides clients from multiple market sectors with premium, global data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 15 countries with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and an international headquarters in London, England. For more information, please visit str.com.