STR: Central/South America hotel performance for November 2018
- Bogotá experiences first occupancy increase in three months
- São Paulo hotels reach 16 consecutive months of ADR growth
U.S. dollar constant currency, November 2018 vs. November 2017
- Occupancy: +1.9% to 64.2%
- Average daily rate (ADR): +17.5% to US$115.66
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): +19.8% to US$74.26
Local currency, November 2018 vs. November 2017
- Occupancy: +3.1% to 69.6%
- ADR: +2.5% to COP270,787.81
- RevPAR: +5.7% to COP188,469.30
After three consecutive months of occupancy declines, Bogotá hotels experienced an increase in occupancy that was driven by a 7.6% jump in demand (room nights sold).
- Occupancy: +2.5% to 71.3%
- ADR: +10.0% to BRL385.77
- RevPAR: +12.8% to BRL274.89
São Paulo hotels have now posted 16 consecutive months of ADR growth. The absolute value in the metric was also the highest for any November in STR's São Paulo database. STR analysts partially attribute the jump in rates to the depreciation of the Brazilian Real against the U.S. dollar.
STR provides clients from multiple market sectors with premium, global data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 15 countries with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and an international headquarters in London, England. For more information, please visit str.com.