HFTP Webinar: Preparing an Accounting Manual
Today's auditing standards recommend clubs to document their accounting procedures. Lack of documentation can be considered a deficiency in internal controls. Don't let your auditors write you up! This session will discuss how to develop an accounting procedures manual and what key documentation and steps need to be employed in conducting various accounting tasks. This session will not only focus on the role of the accounting staff, but also the general manager, treasurer and other officers and committees.
- Have a better understanding of the necessity and benefits of an accounting procedures manual.
- Understand what should be in the manual and how it should be streamlined and compiled.
- Ability to present the finished manual to your club's general manager and board and get approval for use.
- John D. Daum, CPA, Partner
- Scott Z. derBoghossian, Supervisor
- Jim Gilson, CPA, Partner
- Condon O'Meara McGinty & Donnely LLP
HFTP Education Department
Phone: +1 (512) 249-5333