Webinar: WTTC/Carnival Corporation Global Science Summit on COVID-19
This webinar was recorded on July 23, 2020
WTTC & Carnival Corporation invite you to join us as we convene the world's leading scientists and medical experts for an in-depth summit on critical topics and key learnings relevant to COVID-19.
The event will feature a series of panels, each focusing on a critical area of science surrounding COVID-19 and including best practices from different industry sectors and world regions to control and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Panels will include a mix of science-based debates and discussions sharing the latest thinking on the following key topic areas:
- Epidemiology: Incubation period and peak contagion timeframes for SARS-CoV-2; disease progression from exposure to illness; and symptom variability among different individuals and groups.
- Transmission: How, when and where SARS-CoV-2 spreads; significance of environmental transmission; guidelines for mitigating spread; and models for sporadic outbreaks.
- Screening and Testing: Availability and accuracy of current testing capabilities; viable and cost effective methods to detect illness on a mass travel scale; and temperature and health questionnaire screening effectiveness.
- Therapeutics: Status of vaccine development; available and approved SARS-CoV-2 treatment protocols; the role of cytokine storms; and rates/profiles of COVID-19 recovery.
- Practical Risk Mitigation: Measures to mitigate the risks of social gatherings; balancing the benefits and risks of social gatherings; the role of contact tracing; and managing the psychology of fear.
Webinar: WTTC/Carnival Corporation Global Science Summit on COVID-19 is organized by WTTC