YOUR ITINERARY : Preparing for the Comeback of Business Meetings, Conferences, and Travel
COVID-19 walloped the business travel and events industry; by April 2020, U.S. airline capacity declined about 70% from 2019 — that's nearly four times greater than after the 9/11 attacks and six times greater than the aftermath of the 2008-09 financial crisis. The pandemic necessitated global travel restrictions, prohibitions on large group gatherings, and corporate cutbacks. As we head into summer 2021, however, the group sales segment is poised for its long-awaited comeback. With 355 million people fully vaccinated worldwide, countries and companies are finally emerging from lockdowns and easing public health restrictions.
Yet the return won't happen all at once; to be ready, you have to know where to begin. Join us for a panel discussion, hosted by Cornell's School of Hotel Administration and the Center for Hospitality Research, to find out what hospitality professionals can do now to prepare for the imminent return of corporate group sales and events. Innovators from Salesforce, Allseated, IBM, and Knowland will assess the state of the industry and discuss how to respond, pivot, and upskill for post-pandemic success.
What you'll learn :
- Lessons from the pandemic for group sales and events
- How to understand new operational needs
- Ways to use technology and automation to increase efficiency
- How to bridge the gap between virtual and in-person audiences
- Strategies for upskilling event planners to successfully optimize new technology tools
- Chekitan Dev, PROFESSOR Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Greg Land, SVP AND GLOBAL INDUSTRY LEADER FOR AVIATION, HOSPITALITY, AND TRAVEL-RELATED SERVICES IBM
- Jacqueline Nunley, SENIOR INDUSTRY ADVISOR FOR TRAVEL AND HOSPITALITY Salesforce
- Kristi White VP, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT Knowland
- Yaron Lipshitz, CEO Allseated
YOUR ITINERARY : Preparing for the Comeback of Business Meetings, Conferences, and Travel is organized by Cornell
Phone: +1 607 254 3383