WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY AND TRAVEL : Opportunities, Challenges, and Progress
Women make up 50% of the workforce in hospitality and travel yet only 12% of leadership positions. What opportunities are available? What progress is being made?
During this hour-long webcast, we'll hear from industry and academic leaders as they share stories of their own career challenges, victories, and personal leadership values; organizational best practices for supporting women in the workforce; and predictions for the future.
This online event is brought to you by the Cornell School of Hotel Administration's Center for Hospitality Research and Women Leading Travel & Hospitality, a membership-based association that connects executive women across all sectors of the travel and hospitality industry.
What you'll learn :
- The challenges faced by women seeking and holding leadership positions in the hospitality industry and ways to overcome them
- How all leaders and organizations can better support women in the workplace
- Predictions for the future of women in hospitality
- Charisse Evans, VICE PRESIDENT OF EMPLOYEE RELATIONS, Delta Airlines
- Hannah DeMaio, DIRECTOR OF BRAND STRATEGY, WOMEN LEADING TRAVEL & HOSPITALITY, NAPCO Media
- Kate Walsh, DEAN, Cornell School of Hotel Administration
- Michelle Woodley '89, PRESIDENT, Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Miranda Scott, DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, Lyft
WOMEN IN HOSPITALITY AND TRAVEL : Opportunities, Challenges, and Progress is organized by Cornell
Phone: +1 607 254 3383