El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
A Legacy Of Tradition Lives On With The Grand Reopening Of El San Juan Hotel On December 14, 2018
Now open – 388 Rooms
In line with last year's $65 million renovation and coupled with an appreciation for the art and craftsmanship found throughout the property, the hotel's ownership has spectacularly maintained El San Juan Hotel's original look and feel. This highly anticipated grand reopening has returned the resort to its former sophistication featuring its iconic chandelier, distinguished hand-carved Mahogany that adorns the ceiling, columns and vaulted arches throughout the lobby and the registration area. All grand tower guest rooms, poolside and oceanfront villas and suites-featuring two signature suites, have been restored to El San Juan Hotel's classic aesthetic, while also being enhanced to accommodate the needs of today's guests looking to visit Puerto Rico, with a unique blend of historic and modern design.
Boasting four pools, multiple food and beverage offeringsincluding the island's top nightclub, BRAVA, and a new state-of-the-art tri-level Well & Being Fitness Center, the cherished landmark celebrates San Juan's resiliency and modernity, as the hotel will once again embrace guests with classic island culture and new traditions-in-the-making, all while creating memorable experiences.
About El San Juan Hotel's Spaces:
Re-opening with newly refreshed guest rooms and suites, thoughtfully designed by Jeffrey Beers, El San Juan Hotel's accommodations feature floor-to-ceiling windows, sensor-activated air conditioning, a large HDTV and complimentary WiFi. With 11 distinctive room categories, spanning ocean, city and pool facing guestrooms, suites, pool and ocean villas and two specialty suites, guests can choose from a collection of scenic accommodations.
Restaurant and Bar Experiences
El San Juan Hotel features live entertainment and creative mixology, fashioning a refreshing ambiance that vibrates with excitement:
- Chandelier Bar: Perfectly positioned beneath the exquisite main feature chandelier, Chandelier Bar is a staple of El San Juan Hotel's nightlife and is the lobby's center piece. It offers perennial favorites along with signature cocktails, bathing its patrons in the gleaming aura of its crystal Czechoslovakian centerpiece - which is also the third largest oval chandelier of its kind in the world. The unique piece of art weighs 4,000 pounds and has 185 lightbulbs and 7,000 pieces of glass. Chandelier Bar is legendary in Puerto Rico and strongly associated by locals with unforgettable moments spent at El San Juan.
- 1958: El San Juan's rum bar, situated in the main lobby, pays homage to the hotel's inaugural year and Puerto Rico's national spirit, rum. The bar's extensive rum collection of vintage spirits and elixirs can be enjoyed in specialty craft cocktails or neat.
- Wine Bar:Located beneath the seductive glow of an exceptional modern lighting sculpture in the lobby, Wine Baroffers an incomparable selection of wines by the glass, including excellent vintages from the most renowned vineyards along with more specialized varietals from artisan wineries.
- El Cafecito: Located in the lobby, El Cafecito features locally-roasted Alto Grande coffee, a daily offering of grab-and-go breakfast and lunch fare-from delicious baked breads, fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits, to sandwiches, salads and pastries.
- Caña by Juliana Gonzáles: A local islander born and raised in Puerto Rico, who for the last 15 years has worked in and led some of the finest restaurants in Spain and Miami, Juliana Gonzáles' restaurant offers a new wave of socially and environmentally mindful ways of eating. Sourcing ingredients from local farmers, fishermen and small businesses, Caña by Juliana Gonzáles is an original concept that bonds island tourists with Puerto Rico's refined culinary heritage. The restaurant features a lively indoor space and lush outdoor terrace overlooking the pool. Outdoor bar and pool service will also be available.
- Meat Market: As a truly contemporary steakhouse boasting a sophisticated ambiance and sizzling with Miami and New York City style energy, Meat Market is a happening bar scene and features a pioneering menu with a variety of prime cuts of meat, exceptional seafood and other cutting-edge gastronomy. Meat Market also offers a variety of amazing sides,appetizers and a top-notch Wine Spectator award-winning wine list -all infused with an artful, contemporary spin.
Celebrations, Meetings and Entertainment
El San Juan Hotel is a place where locals, visitors, and groups gather for special events. Alive with energy and entertainment, the hotel brings people together to drink, dine and delight. From first-class entertainment to jovial celebrations and serene relaxation, the traditions that form El San Juan Hotel are infused in every experience.
- Meetings & Events Spaces: With nearly 40,000 square feet of space, including a newly redesigned 11,000 square-foot grand ballroom, the hotel is available for hosting a wide array of meetings, conferences, business events and social celebrations.
- BRAVA Nightclub: Combining the high-energy exhilaration of a nightclub with the immersive atmosphere of an upscale lounge, Club BRAVA is a hallmark of Puerto Rican nightlife. Recently redesigned by Mark Lehmkul, BRAVA, spanning two floors, combines elegant décor evoking a luxurious chandeliered library with cutting-edge lighting, sound and projection systems.
- Chico Cabaret: El San Juan Hotel's secret hotspot, Chico Cabaret features captivating live cabaret entertainment and innovative cocktails in an alluringly intimate setting. Just off the main lobby, it is a vibrant local favorite and a unique discovery for in-house guests that offers an unparalleled VIP experience.
The hotel approaches wellness with a vigor that mimics the energy of the lobby. Guests can find active, energetic experiences at the pool or at the state of the art tri-level Well & Being Fitness Center. Well & Being provides expanded fitness services with robust offerings, including Pilates, vertical wall yoga, TRX and CrossFit, group cycle, and more. The center is surrounded by lush landscape and pool views and features an open air rooftop with punching bags and training equipment for workouts alfresco.