WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
When you visit the Website, you are not required to actively provide any information, but we may collect some of your Personal Data and Navigation Information, as set out in Section 1.3 below. We collect some Personal Data, and we may collect some Navigation Information, when you contact us via the Website contact form, chat function, sign up for webinars or sign up to receive information about our Products. Some information is collected via the Website using cookies.
- Functional cookies — These cookies make sure you can use our Website in a secure environment and can save your login data and preferences, so you will not have to keep entering this every time you use the Website.
- Analytical cookies — These cookies are used to gain insight into the use of the Website and allow us to improve the Website in terms of quality and effectiveness and help us to understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and analyzing information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies — These cookies are used by us to be able to improve your browsing experience and to learn your preferences, so that we can improve our marketing strategy and provide you with tailored offers. Marketing cookies are also needed to make use of registration and contact forms.
“Personal Data” refers to any information that can be used to identify you personally. For our purposes, this may include your User ID, first and last name, email address, company name, company type, phone number and information about you that is publicly available online via sites like LinkedIn, Google and Facebook, data you write in a contact or registration forms, your preferences and your account settings.
“Navigation Information” refers to information about your visits to the Website, computer and device. For our purposes, this includes which website you visited prior to visiting us or which link or campaign you clicked on to reach our website, your IP address, geographical location (city and/or country), referral source, length of visits, pages viewed, heat mapping, browser type and version, and ISP information. In some cases Navigation Information may also be Personal Data.
Generally, we may use your Personal Data and Navigation Information for the following purposes:
- Personalizing ‘My HN’ on the Website. We retain Personal Data processed for this purpose until we receive an actionable request to delete a User’s Personal Data;
- Understanding User preferences for the legitimate purpose of improving our Website. We may retain Personal Data processed for this purpose until you withdraw your consent;
- Managing your Hospitality Net account. We retain Personal Data processed for this purpose until we receive an actionable request to delete a User’s Personal Data;
- Contacting you for direct marketing purposes. We may retain Personal Data processed for this purpose until you withdraw your consent.
The Website integrates services provided by third parties. We may share some of your information with these suppliers so they can provide their services, including newsletter subscriptions, payment processing, analyzing data, marketing support, User profiling, business development, and customer service.
To ensure that your Personal Data is collected, processed, used, stored, and transferred securely and in accordance with applicable law, Hospitality Net uses third parties that provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your information. For such third parties that may transfer Personal Data outside the European Economic Area, Hospitality Net confirms that it implements appropriate safeguards for such transfers.
Please note, the terms and privacy policies of such third parties may apply to you as well, in particular:
Google Tag Manager,
Your acceptance of applicable third party terms is required to access the Website and Products.
This overview of suppliers provides a current view. Hospitality Net strives to keep this list as up to date as reasonably possible.
The Website may contain links to third party websites. Such links do not amount to an endorsement of such other websites. Hospitality Net is not responsible for other websites.
Third-Party Sign in
If you create an account or log into the Website through a third-party platform (such as LinkedIn, Google or Facebook), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, email address, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information of Children
The Website and Products are for business use and are not intended for or targeted toward children under 16 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect any information about Children. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor the internet usage of their Children and ensure they do not provide personal information to Hospitality Net. If you believe that we have collected information about Children, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can delete the information.
We Do Not Sell Personal Data
We do not sell your Personal Data.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION AND SECURITY
Retention of Personal Data
We retain Personal Data for as long as we reasonably consider it to be necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, after which time we will delete the information. You can request deletion of your Personal Data as described below.
Security of Personal Data
Data security is a matter of critical importance. Hospitality Net uses a wide range of security measures to safeguard your data against unauthorized access and disclosure and we continually evaluate our security program to ensure its effectiveness.
Transfer of Personal Data
As an international company with customers and Users worldwide, we may transfer and access Personal Data around the world, including to and from the United States. To comply with applicable law, we maintain strong data protection and privacy controls to protect your Personal Data during cross-border and international transfers, as well as during periods of storage in foreign countries (e.g. EU Standard Contractual Clauses, and binding corporate rules).
Required Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may use or disclose your Personal Data if we reasonably determine that such use or disclosure is necessary to (a) protect our rights, operations, or Users; (b) comply with applicable laws, a valid court order, or other legal process; or (c) otherwise perform our contractual obligations with our customers.
We may transfer the data we control, including Personal Data, in the event of a company reorganization, merger, or sale.
Your Data and Your Rights
As a general matter, depending on local data protection laws, you have rights that may include:
- Clear information on our processing of your Personal Data;
- Access your Personal Data that we hold, together with the right to have inaccuracies corrected;
- To have your Personal Data delivered to you in a standard electronic format;
- To object to our processing of your Personal Data, and to prevent solely automated decision making or profiling; and
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data, or have your Personal Data deleted.
Exercising Your Rights
If you wish to exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Data, you can email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or send postal mail to:
6221 JR Maastricht
We will generally respond to your request within 30 days.
If you wish to unsubscribe from an email list, please click the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of our emails or visit your account.
If you want to raise a complaint about the way we process your Personal Data or the way we have handled a request, please contact us. You may file a complaint with the data protection authority of any country where you live or work or where Hospitality Net operates.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Supplement
- The right to access, and to know both the categories of personal information and the specific personal information we collect;
- The right to have your personal information deleted, subject to some legal limitations;
- The right to request disclosure of the personal information collected; and
- The right to disclosure of information disclosed for valuable consideration.
Submitting Requests under CCPA
California residents may submit requests for information under the CCPA to Hospitality Net by email to email@example.com.
Please be as specific as possible when you exercise your rights under CCPA and submit a request regarding your personal information. Under the CCPA, we are obligated to verify your identity before we process your request.
Hospitality Net will not discriminate against you in pricing, user experience, or any other way for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.