Great Wolf Lodge Maryland
Great Wolf Lodge Breaks Ground In Maryland For Brand’s Largest Resort
Scheduled for 2023 – 700 Rooms
Great Wolf Lodge and its construction partner, Turner, estimate more than 2,000 employment opportunities will become available as a result of the two-year timeframe required to build the more than $250 million dollar family resort. When the resort opens, Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will create more than 850 new jobs in Cecil County, ranging from engineering and IT professionals to lifeguards and housekeepers, all with long-term career growth potential.
Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will be a year-round family destination filled with attractions and amenities for all ages. Some of the highlights include:
- An expansive 126,000-square-foot indoor waterpark, heated to a comfortable 84 degrees and featuring a variety of body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools and splash areas for every member of the family - from toddlers and teens, to parents and grandparents.
- A 57,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Great Wolf Adventure Park will offer a variety of family-friendly attractions, including MagiQuest - Great Wolf Lodge's exclusive live-action adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to battle goblins and dragons.
- A collection of complimentary family events and activities including Yoga Tails, a morning exercise program that combines tales from animal friends found in the Northwoods with yoga poses, and Great Wolf Lodge's signature Story Time event, where children gather around the fireplace for a bedtime tale.
- Several dining options that will appeal to a variety of culinary styles ranging from pizza and burgers, to upscale dining at Barnwood and premium ice cream treats at Wood's End Creamery.
- Family friendly suites in a variety of categories and styles including Great Wolf themed suites with separate sleeping quarters for kids designed as either a log cabin or wolf den and outfitted with bunk beds and Great Wolf character theming. The resort will also feature suites with multiple bedrooms for large families or multi-generational groups.
Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will offer an exceptional value for families with admission to the water park and much of the family entertainment activities in the Grand Lobby included as part of the guest's stay.
Meeting and event planners can also look to Great Wolf Lodge Maryland for their meeting and event needs. The property will boast 12,000 square-feet of flexible conference space with breakout rooms, built-in A/V technology, customizable catering options and a team of dedicated industry professionals to tend to every meeting need.
Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will be located at the Chesapeake Overlook, visible from I-95 and overlooking the Susquehanna River. As part of Great Wolf Lodge's environmental initiative, Project Green Wolf, the resort will offer preferred parking with charging stations for electric vehicles along with a number of energy and water conservations measures such as energy-saving LED lighting and special water filters to reduce consumption.
A few key partners helping to make Great Wolf Lodge Maryland a reality include Stantec a renowned architecture, design and planning firm who serves as the lead architect for the project, and Morris & Ritchie Associates, a locally based civil engineering firm. The Baltimore-based division of Turner Construction Company, a leading provider of construction services in diverse market segments, is managing the overall construction of the resort. Neuman Pools, a family-owned, design/build company of large-scale water attractions, will oversee the construction for both the indoor water park and outdoor pool areas. JP Morgan, a global leader in financial services, and VICI Properties Inc., an experiential real estate investment trust, are the primary lenders for the development.