Hilton Hotel Owners Spend Almost $88 Million Renovating 12 Northeastern Hotels
The following are a selection of the renovation projects that are either under way or have been completed in the Northeast United States:
1. Hilton New York-- Featuring the largest comprehensive and self-contained hotel meeting space in Manhattan, this property dedicated over $19.5 million in 2008 to an ongoing multi-million dollar revitalization program which began in late 2006 and will be completed in 2010. One of the goals of this continuous project is to revitalize all of the guestrooms and in 2008, 240 were completed. The Empire and State luxury suites located on the 44th floor are currently undergoing a combined $1 million refurbishment and will be completed shortly. The hotel's meetings and conventions offering was also enhanced through the renovation of the Mercury Ballroom and the three-ballroom Trianon complex (Trianon, Rendezvous Trianon and Petit Trianon), as well as the Concourse level comprising of eight meeting rooms and the business center. Most notably, the rotunda of the Mercury ballroom's reception area features the first artistic lighting installment by West Coast-based MoodSpace in New York, which adds an innovative and seasonal ambience to the space.
2. Hilton Boston Financial District – Situated at 89 Broad Street in the heart of downtown Boston, this hotel's $13 million worth of renovation brought new luster to their 1920s art deco décor. As part of this project, all guest rooms and public areas have been fully refurbished and revitalized.
3. Hilton Wilmington/Christiana
— Located in the lush Brandywine Valley, the hotel has spent approximately $11 million to upgrade all guestrooms, public spaces and meeting rooms. Additionally, the guests are now offered the convenience of a Starbucks café and gift shop, as well as an improved fitness center, executive lounge and business center.
4. Hilton Mystic— Positioned on the historic Mystic Seaport, $7.4 million was spent to upgrade all guest rooms and public spaces. The property also invested in the exterior of the hotel, focusing on updated landscaping and deck for the pool. The hotel's gym also was upgraded with Precor fitness equipment.
5. Hilton Pearl River — Located at 500 Veterans Memorial Drive, the hotel has devoted more than $3 million to completely rejuvenate the guestrooms and bathrooms. Guests will enjoy new walk-in showers, crown molding, granite-topped vanities, oversized wall mirrors and local artwork. An additional $1.5 million in renovations will begin shortly to install new flat-screen televisions and carpeting, as well as improvements to the business center, lobby lounge and fitness center.
6. Hilton Times Square— Located on famed 42nd street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel has completed approximately $2.3 million worth of refurbishment. This included refurnishing and updating of the lobby and restaurant; tripling the size of the fitness center and installing Precor equipment; and revitalizing the meeting rooms with new fixtures, as well as a Hilton Meetings room. The guest rooms were also updated, providing guests with the standard Hilton amenities, in addition to flat screen televisions.
7. Hilton Rye Town - Nestled on 37 wooded and manicured acres, in Westchester County's Gold Coast Community, the property commenced its multi-million dollar renovation on December 1, 2008. This will include the transformation of 446 guestrooms and suites, which will take on a new look and feel with upgraded amenities such as 42' flat screen television, completely remodeled bathroom, and all new furnishings. In addition, all of the hotel's expansive 32,000 sq ft. of meeting facilities and pre-function space will be revitalized with completion scheduled for March, 2009.
The following are a selection of the renovation projects that are either under way or have been completed in Canada:
8. Hilton Montrèal Bonaventure— Located at 900 de La Gauchetiere W.,this property recently embarked on a $16.5 million renovation project that touched all aspects of the hotel. The most notable additions include the expansion of the meeting facilities to include an extra 7,000 ft², as well as a room added to the restaurant for private functions. Additionally, 388 guestrooms were completely updated to include new furnishing and fixtures; the lobby & bar were refurbished and enhanced with the installation of a sophisticated sound system; and Hilton Fitness by Precor equipment was added to the gym. Moving forward, the property will add three more meeting rooms.
9. Hilton Toronto Airport – Located across from Canada's largest airport-- Toronto's Lester B Pearson International Airport, the property finished the first phase of their renovations in 2008, valued at $6.3 million. As part of this phase, the property's 268 South Tower guestrooms, including suites, king and double queen rooms, were refreshed through the installation of updated surfaces, fixtures and furnishings, as well as flat screen televisions. Guest will also be inspired by the transformed restaurant, bar and lobby lounge and guest registration areas. This year another $5.5 million is expected to be invested into the property in order to complete the update of the remaining 104 guest rooms in the north tower, fitness areas, and all meeting space.
10. Hilton Toronto — Located at 145 Richmond Street West, this downtown Toronto property invested $4.3 million in 2008 towards the refurbishment of 10 floors of guestrooms, upgraded the fitness center, and refreshed its Governor General Meeting Room. Next year, the five remaining floors of guestrooms will be renovated.
11. Hilton Québec — Situated on Parliament Hill, the hotel is presently undergoing a major makeover, in which almost $4 million dollars has been invested thus far. This was directed towards the relocation of its Executive Lounge to the 23rd floor in order to offer guests breathtaking view of the Québec region, the modernization of four meeting rooms, as well a complete upgrade of the lobby. At this point, 83 guestrooms have been refurbished, with 60 more slated for completion shortly. All 571 guestrooms are scheduled be renovated by the end of 2009.
12. Hilton Saint John/Saint John Trade & Convention Centre — Situated directly on the harbor of Canada's oldest incorporated city, this property recently rejuvenated its lobby, 80 guestrooms and converted three meetings rooms to facilitate the modern Hilton Meetings product, as part of a $1.1 million project.
Since 2006, the Hilton brand has been undergoing a revitalization campaign that has encompassed the opening of 44 new hotels, as well as the renovation or conversion of more than 209 hotels worldwide, and additional properties are being updated on an ongoing basis. The brand is aligned with marketing partners like the GRAMMY® Awards and USA Swimming as part of its focus on guest lifestyle and innovative community programs, and created its award-winning Travel Should Take You Places® advertising campaign. Through the brand's comprehensive guest experience focus on guests' well-being and productivity, Hilton has launched an array of programs, services and products that have led to increased guest satisfaction and preference. These include Hilton Fitness by Precor, featuring the latest exercise equipment; Hilton Breakfast, offering guests the widest array of choices for starting their day with the nutrition and dietary options they prefer; Hilton Meetings designed to streamline the small meeting experience; Hilton's Pet Friendly program; and much more.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
With more than 500 hotels & resorts in 76 countries around the world the Hilton brand continues to build on its history as a pioneer in the industry, developing products, services and amenities that offer today's travelers more choice and control over their stays. From Hilton Fitness by Precor to its world-class Hilton Worldwide Resorts portfolio;from the Hilton Serenity Collection® of in-room amenitiesto Hilton Meetings, a premier global product for small meetings, Hilton's offerings are designed to enable guests to be at their personal best whether they travel for business or pleasure. Hilton's belief that Travel Should Take You Places® celebrates a commitment to the idea that travel can and should be transformative. Start your journey at www.hilton.com available in English, Spanish and French.
About Hilton Hotels Corporation
Hilton Hotels Corporation is the leading global hospitality company, with more than 3,200 hotels and 545,000 rooms in 77 countries, with more than 135,000 team members worldwide. The company owns, manages or franchises some of the best known and highly regarded hotel brands including Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations™, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and The Waldorf=Astoria Collection™.
Hilton Hotels Corporation is an Official Sponsor of the U.S. Olympic Team, which will extend through the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games in London, the 2010/2012 U.S. Paralympic Team and the 2011 U.S. Pan American Team.
The Hilton Family of Hotels adheres to founder Conrad Hilton's philosophy that, "It has been, and continues to be, our responsibility to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality." The company put a name to its unique brand of service that has made it the best known and most highly regarded hotel company: be hospitable®. The philosophy is shared by all brands in the Hilton Family of Hotels, and is the inspiration for its overarching message of kindness and generosity.
For more information about the company, please visit www.hiltonfamily.com.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts