Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg Opens April 2009
Hyatt Regency Brand Launches in Russia
Located in the rapidly developing financial center of the city on the bank of the Iset River and across from Drama Theatre, Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg has been designed by the renowned Parisian architecture firm Valode & Pistre. In keeping with the Hyatt Regency emphasis on authenticity, the 20-story hotel reflects the city’s flavor and culture in the design of its common areas and the 296 generously sized deluxe rooms and suites.
Geared towards the comfort and needs of the global business traveler, all guestrooms, including 56 suites, are equipped with wireless Internet access and ergonomic working areas. Along with breathtaking views of the Cathedral-on-the-Blood and the Iset River, many guestrooms of Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg feature an open bathroom concept, complete with under-floor heating, deep soaking baths and exceptional rain showers.
In addition to these features, the spacious Regency Suites, with stylish Art Deco interiors and modern amenities, include large closets and extra wardrobe space, as well as access to the Regency Club. The Regency Club functions as a "hotel within a hotel," offering guests an executive retreat for working or dining and the services of a dedicated concierge. Regency Club guests enjoy complimentary continental breakfast as well as cocktails and canapes in the early evening.
The lavish 1,830 square-foot (170 sq m) Presidential suite features a king bedroom and marble master bath with walk-in shower and jet spa tub, an entrance foyer, dining and living areas, a kitchenette, guest bath and private board room. Every possible amenity for privacy, luxury and comfort is available, including remote-controlled curtains.
Convention and Meeting Space
Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg boasts impressive, technologically advanced meeting and event facilities with nearly 27,000 sq ft (2,500 sq m) of conference and banquet space including a 6,500 square-foot pillar-free ballroom (600 sq m), five meeting rooms and one boardroom.
The hotel’s Business Center is equipped with multimedia technology, high-speed wireless Internet access, and individual workstations. Translation services, advice on local commerce, as well as secretarial support are available for the convenience of the global business traveler. With such sophisticated and versatile capabilities in a prime location, the new Hyatt Regency will become Ekaterinburg’s key business venue.
Restaurants and Bars
Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg offers multiple food and beverage options with two restaurants, a lounge, and two bars. The hotel’s three-meal restaurant, Cucina, features an open kitchen with a wood-burning oven and charcoal grill with an emphasis on modern Mediterranean cuisine prepared with the freshest products cooked to perfection. Noble House, the concept restaurant of Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg, offers exquisite Asian cuisine, with recipes originating from Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Bali. Contemporary design and intimate lighting underscore the cozy ambience of this upscale venue. A dedicated team of skilled, well-trained chefs prepares authentic Asian dishes using steamers, woks and charcoal grills to ensure that traditional cooking methods are respected.
At the heart of the hotel in the lobby is the T.Lounge, which allows visitors to become a part of the buzz of an international urban hotel. The lounge serves European and Russian specialties, along with a unique selection of perfectly blended cocktails, premium coffees and teas.
On the ground floor, the Fireside bar offers traditional European dining, spirits and cigars, including a selection of rare whiskies. This haven of luxury features a mix of dining tables, plush sofas and lounge chairs, all facing the majestic fireplace.
Boudoir, the modern wine bar, will become the ideal place to meet at the end of the day to enjoy a fine wine or vintage champagne in a trendy atmosphere.
Health and Wellness
The hotel’s fitness center, The Myst, located on the 20th floor, houses a highly sophisticated gymnasium fitted with digital cardiovascular equipment, a sauna, a hammam and a whirlpool bath, as well as a lap-size swimming pool. Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg is the first hotel in the city to offer a full range of spa services including the most advanced treatments and massages designed to rejuvenate mind, body and soul.
Ekaterinburg Points of Interest
Travelers exploring Ekaterinburg will discover a rich cultural heritage that includes numerous museums and theatres, as well as impressive historical and geopolitical sites.
- In Ekaterinburg, there are more than 50 museums, among them the Museum of Fine Arts, with one of the largest collections of Kasli (a kind of cast-iron sculpture traditional in the Ural Mountains), the Museum of Local Lore, History and Economy, and several museums showcasing Ural minerals and jewelry.
- Ekaterinburg is famous for its large number of theatres, where popular theatre companies such as the Ekaterinburg Academy of Ballet and Opera and the legendary Sverdlovsk Academic Theatre of Musical Comedy perform regularly. Ekaterinburg has also become the centre of New Drama, a movement of contemporary Russian playwrights.
- Ekaterinburg’s Cathedral-on-the-Blood takes its name from its location, where Tsar Nicholas II and his family were assassinated during the Bolshevik Revolution. It has become an impressive memorial complex dedicated to the Romanov family, following the last Tsar’s canonization by various groups tied to the Russian Orthodox Church within Russia and by the Russian Orthodox Church outside Russia.
- The famous Shigirskaya Kladovaya and Shigir Collection at a historic exhibition in Ekaterinburg includes the oldest wood sculpture in the world, the Big Shigir Idol, which is estimated to be about 9,500 years old.
- The city’s Europe-Asia Obelisk marks the border between the two continents.
- Demidov, the famous entrepreneur from the first half of the 18th century and founder of the Ural’s manufacturing industry, built the Leaning Tower of Nevyansk, the Ural’s Tower of Pisa, in Ekaterinburg in the 1700s. The exact date is unknown.
Following the April 1 opening of the hotel’s guestrooms, Cucina and T.Lounge, the Regency Club floors along with Noble House, Fireside, and Boudoir will be open mid-April and the fitness center, spa, and banquet spaces will be available in early May.
Hyatt Regency Ekaterinburg
8, Borisa Yeltsina Street
+7 343 253 1234
About Global Hyatt Corporation
Global Hyatt Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is one of the world’s premier hotel companies. The hotels owned, operated, managed or franchised by its subsidiaries provide authentic hospitality to guests in 44 countries through a passionate commitment to personalized service, cultural relevance, and the environment. Global Hyatt subsidiaries own, operate, manage or franchise more than 370 hotels and resorts worldwide under the Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Resorts™, Grand Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt Summerfield Suites® and Andaz™ brands with additional properties under development on five continents. Global Hyatt Corporation is also the owner of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc., operator of Hyatt Vacation Club®. The success of Global Hyatt is driven by the commitment and energy of the thousands of men and women around the world who provide exceptional service to hotel guests. From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or visiting .
Katie Rackoff Feldman
Public Relations Manager, Full Service Brands