STR Global posts August 2010 results for Europe
The European hotel industry posted mixed results in year-over-year metrics when reported in U.S. dollars, euros and British pounds for August 2010, according to data compiled by STR Global.
Highlights from key market performers for August include (year-over-year comparisons, all currency in euros):
- Frankfurt, Germany, experienced the largest occupancy increase, rising 22.6 percent to 58.2 percent, followed by Lisbon, Portugal (+19.7 percent to 77.5 percent), and Antwerp, Belgium (+16.8 percent to 66.5 percent).
- Three markets posted occupancy decreases of more than 5 percent: Athens, Greece (-7.8 percent to 52.5 percent); Geneva, Switzerland (-7.2 percent to 54.3 percent); and Aberdeen, Scotland (-6.8 percent to 69.4 percent).
- Three markets ended the month with ADR increases of more than 20 percent: Stockholm, Sweden (+39.9 percent to EUR130.45); Malmo, Sweden (+25.2 percent to UER85.99); and Zurich, Switzerland (+22.4 percent to EUR169.74).
- Barcelona, Spain, posted the only double-digit ADR decrease, falling 11.8 percent to EUR98.56.
- Four markets achieved RevPAR increases of more than 30 percent: Stockholm (+50.8 percent to EUR109.45); Frankfurt (+42.9 percent to EUR51.41); Amsterdam, Netherlands (+34.5 percent to EUR106.56); and Tel Aviv, Israel (+30.2 percent to EUR196.02).
- Barcelona fell 11.2 percent in RevPAR to EUR75.45, reporting the largest decrease in that metric.
Konstanze Auernheimer (STR Global)
Director of Marketing
Phone: +44 (0)207 922 1961