Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts celebrates major global growth
11 new projects in nine countries reinforce company’s global position
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is delighted to announce 11 new hotel projects across nine countries bringing the company's total number of operating and planned hotels worldwide to 100.
"We have always believed in growth, but at a sustainable pace. In every region from Europe and Africa to the Middle East and Asia we have carefully consolidated our developments to maintain a balanced portfolio distribution that ensures decision-making is effective, resources are efficiently utilised and development is sustainable," said Jean Gabriel Pérès, president and chief executive officer of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts.
"A hundred hotels worldwide is a major achievement for our company and I am delighted," he continues. "Such a landmark is a credit to the hard work of everyone at Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts.
In a challenging economic environment it is vital to have a reliable business model that is stress resistant to constant change, said Jean Gabriel Pérès. "This has been the foundation of our success in recent years and the philosophy that has helped us achieve the milestone of 100 hotel projects in a sustainable way."
New hotel announcements
- From April 2012, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts will take over a 298-room upscale Red Sea property in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
- In Morocco the company will reopen a new 380-room hotel in Marrakesh in 2014 following a multi-million-euro renovation this year.
- An architecturally stunning low-rise hotel in the Tunisian desert oasis of Tozeur will be operated under the Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts brand from 2013 following a major refurbishment.
- On the white beach of Djerba island in Tunisia, a 255-room hotel is presently undergoing a multi-million-euro refurbishment before being reopened by Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts next year.
- A new 350-room hotel in Chifeng, Inner Mongolia, China, designed by Hirsch/Bedner & Associates will be opened by the upscale Swiss hospitality company in 2015.
- On Hainan Island, South China, the 380-room Mövenpick Resort & Spa, Phoenix Island, Sanya, will be launched in 2013.
- The 270-room Mövenpick Resort & Spa, Jimbaran, 200 metres from one of Bali's most popular beaches will be the Swiss company's first hotel in Indonesia when it opens in 2014.
- In Malaysia, the company's new 250-room resort will be based on Pantai Pandak Beach on the South China Sea coast and be launched in 2015.
- The company's entry into Bangladesh will be heralded by the opening of a 280-room resort on the sandy sea front of Cox's Bazar, the longest beach in the world at 124 km.
- Towards the end of this year, the company will open a 26-villa boutique-style resort, surrounded by lush tropical gardens, in Samoeng, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- From January 2013, the company will manage its first hotel with 282 rooms in Paris' exclusive suburb Neuilly.
upscale hotel management company with over 16"000 staff members, is represented in 24 countries with 83 hotels, resorts and Nile cruisers currently in operation. Around 20 properties are planned or under construction, including Chiang Mai (Thailand), Bali (Indonesia) and Nairobi (Kenia). Focusing on expansion in its core markets of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts specialises in business and conference hotels, as well as holiday resorts, all reflecting a sense of place and respect for their local communities.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, an international
Of Swiss heritage and headquartered in central Switzerland (Baar), Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts ispassionate about delivering premium service and culinary enjoyment – all with a personal touch. Committed to sustainable environments, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts has become the most Green Globe certified hotel company in the world. The hotel company is owned by the Mövenpick Holding (66.7%) and the Kingdom Group (33.3%). For more information please visit www.movenpick.com.