Dallas/Fort Worth Selected as Chapter of the Year at HSMAI Mike Leven Leadership Conference
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) recently announced the winners of its "Chapter Best of the Best Awards," including the Chapter of the Year Award, presented to the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex Chapter for being 2012's most-accomplished.
"With 37 chapters across the Americas Region, HSMAI is proud to have such talented, driven individuals as our leaders," said Fran Brasseux, executive vice president of HSMAI. "Each of our chapter winners has proven they are making deliberate efforts to continuously improve and innovate on a variety of fronts, supporting our mission of helping hotels and their partners fuel sales, inspire marketing and optimize revenue."
The complete list of this year's winners and categories includes:
Large Chapter Winners
- Arizona: Collegiate Chapters, Community Involvement / Fundraising, Education Programming, Partnership Development
- Greater New York: Awards & Recognition, Communication Marketing, Customer Interaction Programs, Leadership Development
- South Florida: Membership Development
Medium Chapter Winners
- Boston: Communication Marketing, Education Programming
- Central Florida: Community Involvement / Fundraising, Partnership Development
- Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex: Awards & Recognition, Leadership Development, Membership Development
- Greater Philadelphia: Customer Interaction Programs
- Minnesota: Collegiate Chapters
Small Chapter Winners
- Austin: Community Involvement / Fundraising, Leadership Development, Membership Development
- Heartland: Collegiate Chapters
- Mid-South: Awards & Recognition, Communication Marketing, Customer Interaction Programs, Partnership Development
- Missouri: Education Programming
The Leadership Conference, held this year at The Peabody Orlando, brings together HSMAI chapters, board and student leaders for exclusive professional development opportunities. Association leaders who attended the conference also participated in a program with Give Kids the World and generously donated toys, electronics and cash to help seriously ill children and their families fulfill a wish to experience a memorable, cost-free visit to Central Florida attractions, including the Give Kids the World Village.
The conference was made possible by Conference Partners MICROS eCommerce and STR, and Conference Contributors Digital Alchemy, Expedia Partner Services and Nor1. This year's Best of the Best Awards Dinner was co-hosted by Travelocity and The Peabody Orlando.
For additional information on HSMAI, please visit www.hsmai.org.
HSMAI is a global organization of sales, marketing, and revenue management professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI leads the way in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry. Operating as a leading voice for both hospitality and for sales, marketing, and revenue management disciplines, HSMAI connects its members with customers. Founded in the United States in 1927, HSMAI is membership organization comprising 5,000 members from 35 countries and chapters worldwide. HSMAI operates regionally around the globe via Regional boards of directors and staff. There are three regions: the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe, and a chapter in the Middle East. Each region has geographic chapters and signature programs and services for association members. HSMAI has a Global board which is made up of delegates from each Region.