Dallas/Fort Worth Selected as Chapter of the Year at HSMAI Mike Leven Leadership Conference
"With 37 chapters across the Americas Region, HSMAI is proud to have such talented, driven individuals as our leaders," said Fran Brasseux, executive vice president of HSMAI. "Each of our chapter winners has proven they are making deliberate efforts to continuously improve and innovate on a variety of fronts, supporting our mission of helping hotels and their partners fuel sales, inspire marketing and optimize revenue."
The complete list of this year's winners and categories includes:
Large Chapter Winners
- Arizona: Collegiate Chapters, Community Involvement / Fundraising, Education Programming, Partnership Development
- Greater New York: Awards & Recognition, Communication Marketing, Customer Interaction Programs, Leadership Development
- South Florida: Membership Development
Medium Chapter Winners
- Boston: Communication Marketing, Education Programming
- Central Florida: Community Involvement / Fundraising, Partnership Development
- Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex: Awards & Recognition, Leadership Development, Membership Development
- Greater Philadelphia: Customer Interaction Programs
- Minnesota: Collegiate Chapters
Small Chapter Winners
- Austin: Community Involvement / Fundraising, Leadership Development, Membership Development
- Heartland: Collegiate Chapters
- Mid-South: Awards & Recognition, Communication Marketing, Customer Interaction Programs, Partnership Development
- Missouri: Education Programming
The Leadership Conference, held this year at The Peabody Orlando, brings together HSMAI chapters, board and student leaders for exclusive professional development opportunities. Association leaders who attended the conference also participated in a program with Give Kids the World and generously donated toys, electronics and cash to help seriously ill children and their families fulfill a wish to experience a memorable, cost-free visit to Central Florida attractions, including the Give Kids the World Village.
The conference was made possible by Conference Partners MICROS eCommerce and STR, and Conference Contributors Digital Alchemy, Expedia Partner Services and Nor1. This year's Best of the Best Awards Dinner was co-hosted by Travelocity and The Peabody Orlando.
For additional information on HSMAI, please visit www.hsmai.org.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry"s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI ROCET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org, www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
HSMAI is the leading association of sales and marketing professionals in the hospitality industry. With over 7,000 members in 35 countries, HSMAI is a global network of individuals, chapters, businesses and organizations. All industry segments are represented including hotels, resorts, airlines, cruise ships, car rental agencies, restaurants, attractions and theme parks, convention and visitors bureaus, destination management companies and reservation sales organizations.
As the regional chapter for the metropolitan area, HSMAI Greater New York serves a community of over 500 hospitality professionals who are committed to the highest standards of service and ongoing professional development.
Membership is open to anyone in hospitality sales, marketing or management as well as travel and tourism educators and service providers who support the industry. HSMAI continues to lead the industry by providing education and market research to its members.