Homewood Suites by Hilton Opening Six New Hotels in Canada
- Homewood Suites by Hilton,Hilton Worldwide's international brand of upscale, all-suite, extended-stay hotels, continues its expansion into Canada, with two new hotel openings in Q1 2014, and four more properties slated to open in the market in Q2 2014. The brand's eleventh Canadian property in Hamilton, Ontario, opened on February 21. Homewood Suites Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park opened March 12, and is the brand's twelfth property in Canada and first hotel in the Manitoba market.
The brand's wave of Canadian hotel openings comes on the heels of what Scotiabank highlighted in a recent report on the Canadian tourism market as a national trend of increased domestic travel due to Canadians' tighter travel budgets and a weaker Canadian dollar. These factors have many Canadians booking trips closer to home, significantly supporting the domestic tourism market. Simultaneously, there has been an uptick in the number of international travelers visiting Canada, with nearly 2,800 more international overnight trips to Canadian markets taken in December 2013 than during the same time period in 2012, according to a recent report from the Canada Tourism Commission.
"As the Canadian tourism market continues to grow and become more lucrative, it remains an important area for development for Homewood Suites," said Bill Duncan, global head, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton. "Hotels under the Homewood Suites brand flag have earned the trust of guests over the years, and are the answer to the increasing demand for the extended-stay product in Canada."
Over the last decade, Homewood Suites has steadily built its presence in Canada, which now exceeds 1,300 suites across 12 hotels. The majority of the brand's current Canadian portfolio is located in Ontario and Quebec, including locations in Burlington, Cambridge, Hamilton, London, Markham, Mississauga, Mont Tremblant, Oakville, Sudbury, Vaughan and Toronto Airport, which shares a flag with Hampton Inn & Suites as the first dual-branded hotel property in the Canada market.
"Kicking the first quarter off with entrance into the Manitoba market, Homewood's surge into new markets throughout Canada is in line with the brand's overall goal of increasing its footprint within urban and primary suburban North American markets," added Duncan.
Additional Canada property openings this year include the following hotels, all slated to open in Q2 2014:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary-Airport, Alberta featuring 122 suites is slated to open in April 2014 and is owned by Prestige Hospitality HW. The hotel will be Homewood's first in Alberta.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Ajax, Ontario featuring 104 suites is slated to open in April 2014 and is owned by Wella Investments Inc.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown, Nova Scotia, featuring 135 suites is slated to open in May 2014 and is owned by SilverBirch No. 15 Operations LP. The hotel will be Homewood Suites' first in Nova Scotia.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo/St. Jacobs, Ontario featuring 97 suites is slated to open in June 2014 and is owned by Benjamin Hotel Inc.
Homewood Suites by Hilton provides travelers amenities and services that maximize their travel budget, including complimentary internet, daily full-hot breakfast and evening dinner and drinks Monday through Thursday*. In addition, Homewood Suites' 325+ all-suite hotels boast fully equipped kitchens, separate sleeping and living spaces, a complimentary grocery shopping service** and recreational options to stay active – all amenities that enable travelers to be at home and make life on the road more about life and less about the road.
*Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws.
Must be of legal drinking age.
**Guest pays for groceries. Other restrictions apply.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising nearly 4,900 properties with more than 796,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world"s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Hilton HHonors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits including an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi, as well as digital amenities that are available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton HHonors app, where Hilton HHonors members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.