Hilton Worldwide to Reach 100 Hotel Milestone in Canada
Cross-Country Expansion Fueled by Dual-branded Hotel Trend in Halifax, Calgary and Edmonton
Today, the global hospitality company operates hotels coast-to-coast in urban and suburban markets, supplying nearly 16,000 rooms across six brands: Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels and Homewood Suites by Hilton. Additionally, the country's first Home2 Suites by Hilton is set to open in July of 2014 in West Edmonton.
"Canada is a strategic market for Hilton Worldwide as it continues to attract a significant number of both domestic travelers and international visitors," added Carter. "With the uptick of international travelers visiting Canada for both business and leisure travel, we are focused on developing best-in-class hotels across the country with great partners like SilverBirch." With more than 40 hotels currently in the development pipeline and nearly 40 percent of those under construction, Hilton Worldwide will further bolster Canada's tourism industry with the following upcoming openings:
- Dual-branded project from SilverBirch, a DoubleTree by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton in West Edmonton, Alberta. The 127-suite Home2 Suites by Hilton is set to open in July of this year and represents the brand's first hotel in Canada. It will join the recently opened 235-guestroom DoubleTree by Hilton which opened in January.
- Hilton Calgary Airport, to open in 2017, will complete the company's first multi-flag complex featuring three brands, joining the recently opened Hampton Inn by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton, owned by Prestige Hospitality.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Saskatoon South Saskatchewan, owned and operated by VJ Management, is a 100-room hotel set to open in June 2014.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Markham, owned and operated by JM Hospitality, Inc., features 99 rooms and is set to open July 2014. The hotel will be adjacent to JM Hospitality's current 101-suite Homewood Suites by Hilton, which opened in 2007.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Saskatoon Airport, owned by Randhawa Group, will open in Nov. 2014 and feature 132 rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Ajax, Ontario, featuring 104 suites is slated to open in May 2014 and is owned by Wella Investments Inc.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo/St. Jacobs, Ontario, featuring 97 suites is scheduled to open in June 2014 and is owned by Benjamin Hotel Inc.
The dual-branded Homewood Suites by Hilton and Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown located at 1960 Brunswick Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, will reflect signature amenities of both brands, while offering guests several combined public spaces, including a shared conference center, fitness center, retail space and parking. The Homewood Suites by Hilton will offer guests complimentary internet, daily full-hot breakfast and evening dinner and drinks Monday through Thursday*. In addition, each suite will boast fully equipped kitchens, separate sleeping and living spaces, a complimentary grocery shopping service** and recreational options to stay active. Guests at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton will experience free, hot breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and a Clean and Fresh Hampton bed® in each guestroom. Additionally, Canada has seen several key openings for Hilton Worldwide, including the recently opened 486-room DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown, owned and operated by Ontario-based Bayview Hospitality Inc. For more information about developing a Hilton Worldwide hotel, visit www.hiltonworldwide.com/development/.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising nearly 4,900 properties with more than 796,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world"s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Hilton HHonors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits including an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi, as well as digital amenities that are available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton HHonors app, where Hilton HHonors members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.