ASSA ABLOY’s Mobile Access Solution debuts at select Starwood Hotels around the world
ASSA ABLOY Mobile Access for Hospitality goes live today when Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. introduces SPG® Keyless, a keyless entry system allowing Starwood Preferred Guest® members to use their smartphone as a key. Rolling out to Aloft, Element and W Hotels across the globe, SPG Keyless makes its official debut in 10 hotels in markets including Beijing, Hong Kong, New York, Los Angeles and Doha. Starwood will rapidly rollout SPG Keyless to be available on 30,000 doors in 150 hotels by early 2015.
"ASSA ABLOY Mobile Access is powered by our award-winning Seos® technology that turns smart devices into trusted credentials for opening doors. Supporting Bluetooth Smart and NFC, ASSA ABLOY Mobile Access is used with the company's mobile-enabled locks and readers, and includes Mobile IDs, Mobile Access Apps and services for managing Mobile IDs on mobile devices. The solution makes it possible to use the broadest range of iOS®- and Android™-based smartphones and other smart devices to access buildings, and open doors and gates conveniently" says Johan Molin, President and CEO ASSA ABLOY.
HOW IT WORKS
- SPG Members must register their phone once through the SPG App and allow push notifications.
- After booking a reservation at an SPG Keyless hotel and approximately 24 hours before arrival, SPG members are invited to opt-in to SPG Keyless.
- Guests will receive a push notification noting that they are checked in and the SPG App will update with his/her room number and the Seos Mobile ID when the room is ready.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, the guest can completely bypass the front desk (where available) and go directly to his/her room.
- Then, after ensuring his/her Bluetooth is enabled, the guest simply opens the SPG App, holds the smartphone to the door lock, waits for the solid green light and enters the room.
About ASSA ABLOY Mobile Access
ASSA ABLOY has an established reputation for successfully advancing physical access control. The evolution of mobile access is no exception. ASSA ABLOY Mobile Access uses standard mobile device technologies to create a solution that is universally accessible, easy to deploy, and simple to manage.
ASSA ABLOY Mobile Access merges security with convenience by storing Mobile IDs for opening doors on Android and iOS smartphones. Powered by our award-winning Seos® technology, ASSA ABLOY Mobile Access provides superior identity management and delivers the most dynamic mobile solution available today.
For more information please contact:
Johan Molin, President and CEO, tel no: +46 8 506 485 42
Carolina Dybeck Happe, CFO and Executive Vice President, tel no: +46 8 506 485 72
Announcing the Global Debut of SPG Keyless from Starwood Hotels & Resorts: The First Mobile, Keyless Room Entry
About ASSA ABLOY
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-userneeds for security, safety and convenience. Since it was founded in 1994, ASSA ABLOY has grown from a regional company into an international group with about 43,000 employees, operations in more than 70 countries and sales exceeding SEK 50 billion. ASSA ABLOY offers a more complete range of door opening solutions than any other company on the market. In the fast-growing electromechanical security segment, the Group has a leading position in areas such as access control, identification technology, door automation and hotel security.