Oxford School of Hospitality Management stages inaugural Bacchus Alumni Awards
From a range of shortlisted candidates, the winners of the 2015 Bacchus Awards were:
- Bacchus Student Award: Vita Juniviciute and Dragos Dorobat (both final year undergraduates)
- Bacchus Young Alumni Award: Holly Brown, General Manager with BaxterStorey
- Bacchus Major Contribution to Hospitality Award: Tim West, Chairman, Elior
- Bacchus Special Award: Lou Willcock, Director, Indicater
Ben McEwen, Chair of the Bacchus Society, spoke after the event: "There is a palpable sense of pride amongst alumni of the Oxford School of Hospitality Management. We belong to an exclusive community of professionals who support each other and who take pride in each others' successes. I can already sense that the Bacchus Alumni Awards are going to strengthen the sense of belonging we all share."
Donald Sloan, Head of the Oxford School of Hospitality Management commented: "My colleagues and I are incredibly proud of our graduates. Not only do they pursue exciting careers, they also give their time and energy to current students, providing perspectives that are not available in the academic environment. Their contributions are inspiring to future leaders of the hospitality industry".
The Oxford School of Hospitality Management is known for the closeness of its relationships with industry and the employability of its graduates. Students are constantly exposed to the realities of industry, ensuring that upon graduation they are well placed to adjust to their new roles. The School is ranked top in the UK for graduate salaries and top for the proportion of alumni in managerial positions within six months of graduating. Initiatives such as the Bacchus Mentoring Programme, through which every student is assigned a formal industry mentor, further enhance graduates' employability. There are currently over 150 senior industry figures contributing to the Bacchus Mentoring Programme.
The members of the judging panel for the 2015 Bacchus Awards were:
- Professor Alistair Fitt, Vice Chancellor, Oxford Brookes University
- Donald Sloan, Head of School, Oxford School of Hospitality Management
- Madhur Jaffrey CBE, food writer, actor, and broadcaster
- Julia Sibley OBE, Chief Executive, The Savoy Educational Trust
- Lou Willcock, Managing Director, Indicater
The Bacchus Society is very grateful for the generous support of the following companies who made the Awards possible:
- Headline sponsors – Caterer.com / Best Employers in Hospitality
- Award category sponsors – Sodexo, The Restaurant Group
- Venue sponsor – The St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
Chair, The Oxford Cultural Collective
The Oxford School of Hospitality Management is a leading provider of higher education in the field of international hospitality and tourism management. The School has achieved an international reputation for teaching excellence and innovation, as well as strong links with business and industry. The School is ranked in the top three hospitality schools in the world (Worldwide Hospitality School Awards 2016) and top in the UK for student satisfaction (KIS data, 2016).
For more information visit http://hospitality.brookes.ac.uk/