Cycas Hospitality scores double whammy at Serviced Apartment Awards 2016
Hotel management company triumphs at first international awards for serviced apartment sector
Roughly 350 guests from around the world gathered at the Grange Hotel Tower Bridge for the gala dinner presentation. Judging the awards was an independent panel of consultants, designers, journalists and service providers, while the 'Rising Star' and 'Industry Inspiration' winners were chosen by Serviced Apartment News readers via an online poll, drawing more than 8,700 voters.
"The exceptional standard of the nominees demonstrates the advances of this exciting sector and to pick up not just one, but two awards is a fantastic feat", says John Wagner, Director of Cycas Hospitality. "We are absolutely thrilled with winning 'Best Independent Operator'. This award belongs to everyone at Cycas Hospitality, recognising the hard work and achievements of each and every one of our team. I am also equally delighted that Giovanni has been acknowledged for his exceptional work in launching Staybridge Suites London – Vauxhall, his dedication as GM has been nothing short of outstanding."
The Serviced Apartment Awards are the first and only dedicated awards created for and by the serviced apartment, aparthotel, extended stay and short term rental industry.
Cycas Hospitality is a hotel management company specialising in extended-stay hotels. It combines hands-on skills in hotel management with real estate investment expertise.
The company currently manages Staybridge Suites London – Vauxhall, Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, Staybridge Suites London - Stratford City, Heathrow Hotel – Bath Road and Staybridge Suites Liverpool, the first Staybridge Suites hotel in the UK.
Notes to Editors
About Cycas Hospitality
- Cycas Hospitality"s team comprises experts in hotel operations, property development and asset management
- The first branded extended-stay hotel to open in Europe was Staybridge Suites Liverpool in 2008, owned and operated by Cycas
- Cycas Hospitality currently manages eight hotels, with an additional six hotels under construction that will open in 2017/18
- As the pioneers of the branded extended-stay hotel concept in Europe, Cycas excels in providing first class hotel and extended stay operations, from designing concepts to delivering their signature "positively outrageous service". The heart of Cycas" first-class guest experience is a dedicated Culture Team; they energise and inspire staff and customers with the mantra "our job is not over until we get a smile" - the backbone of the Cycas operating philosophy
- Extended stay hotels are notable for their low-labour operating model and high margins; strong growth is forecast for the sector in Europe
- Historically, long-stay hotels have outperformed the standard hotel model during times of recession and recovered faster to pre-crisis levels
- Cycas is also a committed member of the Association of Serviced Apartment Providers (ASAP), and one of the Cycas Founding Partners, John Wagner, is on the ASAP steering committee
- Further information on Cycas Hospitality is available at www.cycashospitality.com
About Hua Kee
- Hua Kee Group is a privately held conglomerate of various business holdings. With its origin in Thailand, Hua Kee are particularly active in the industrial, residential and hospitality sectors. On the hospitality side Hua Kee is active in Southeast Asia, Australasia and Europe with investments covering most areas in the hospitality sector ranging from urban full service conference hotels under Narai Group to smaller boutique hotels, resort hotels, limited service budget hotels, hostels and serviced apartments.