Marriott Hotels announces winners of its 2017 TestBED programme
Marriott Hotels has announced the three winning tech start-ups of its 2017 European accelerator programme, TestBED. These selected companies will now pilot their innovative solutions and technologies in three Marriott Hotels in Europe, with a chance to grow through expert guidance from industry leaders.
- Piloting at: Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
- A UK start-up that developed 'Click' - wireless earbuds that offer live voice translation to 37 languages. For Marriott Hotels 'Click' can offer the ability to communicate with guests in their native language and make their interaction with Marriott associates feel more seamless and natural. The technology can also be used for meetings and events held within Marriott Hotels.
- Piloting at: London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
- A Portugal based start-up that developed an AI powered Chatbot designed for the hospitality sector. Using Chabot's Marriott Hotels can offer its guests with a variety of services using Facebook Messenger at any place and time and in an effective and efficient way.
- Piloting at: Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
- A Portugal-based start-up that has developed smart meters to measure water and electricity consumption and the ability to provide associates and guests with analysis of usage. Marriott Hotels could offer its guests the ability to track their own consumption and be rewarded for sustainable energy use during their stay.
Marriott TestBED is now in its second year following its debut in 2016. The hugely popular accelerator programme attracts start-ups that aim to enhance the entire hotel guest experience. For more information, visit www.marriotttestbed.com.
CAUTIONARY LANGUAGE CONCERNING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
All statements in this announcement are made as of June 24, 2020. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise these statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. This announcement contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of federal securities laws, including statements related to expected leadership changes, our pipeline of new projects, and similar statements concerning anticipated future events and expectations that are not historical facts. We caution you that these statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to numerous evolving risks and uncertainties that we may not be able to accurately predict or assess, including the risk factors that we identify in our Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") filings, including our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q.