Mantra Group Has Record Year For Growth
Mantra Group has achieved its largest year of growth since its inception in 2009, with a record number of new properties (13) joining its hotel and resort portfolio in 2017.
New properties joining the Mantra Group portfolio in 2017 include:
- Mantra the Observatory, Port Macquarie NSW
- Mantra Club Croc, Airlie Beach QLD
- Tribe Perth, Perth WA
- Mantra Hotel at Sydney Airport, Sydney NSW
- FV by Peppers, Brisbane QLD
- Mantra MacArthur Hotel, Canberra ACT
- Arts Series Hotel Group (settlement is set to take place in late November 2017)
Seven properties including:
- The Cullen, Prahran, Melbourne VIC
- The Larwill Studio, North Melbourne VIC
- The Olsen, South Yarra, Melbourne VIC
- The Blackman, St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC
- The Chen, Box Hill, Melbourne VIC (new hotel opening on22 November)
- The Johnson, Spring Hill, Brisbane QLD
- The Watson, Walkerville, Adelaide SA
"The number of enquiries we've received from hotel developers, owners and investors hit record levels this calendar year, with a year-on-year increase of 10 percent," said Mr East.
"This interest signals positive activity in our sector and is a clear indicator of confidence in an established, well-resourced hotel operator."
A number of new property acquisitions, which are scheduled to open in 2018 and beyond, were also signed by the Group this year.
Mantra on City Road, Melbourne is scheduled to open its doors in March 2018; Mantra at Sharks, Southport on the Gold Coast will open in April 2018 in time for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games; Peppers Silo Hotel at Launceston Tasmania is set to open in April 2018; Mantra Epping, Melbourne will open in mid-2019; while Mantra M-City in Melbourne's south-east is due for completion in late 2020.
About Mantra Group
Mantra Group is the leading Australian-based hotel and resort operator. Mantra Group"s portfolio consists of 128 properties with more than 21,000 rooms in properties under management, across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and Hawaii. Operating three well-known and trusted brands – Peppers, Mantra and BreakFree - MantraGroup operates the second largest network of accommodation properties in Australia (by room number). The Group is positioned to offer both leisure and business style accommodation ranging from full-service city hotels and self-contained apartments to luxury resorts and retreats. The Group successfully listed on the ASX in June 2014 and in its first year as a public company was elevated to the ASX 200:
Phone: 07 5631 2543