The Leading Hotel of The World Welcomes Seven New Properties To Its Curated Collection of Hotels
NEW YORK, NY -- The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd is proud to announce the addition of seven new members to its collection of more than 400 independent, luxury properties. Leading Hotels celebrates its 90th anniversary in 2018 and the new members effortlessly embody the collection's nine-decade-long commitment to providing remarkable travel experiences and exacting standards to its guests.
"The Leading Hotels of the World is poised for an exciting year of growth. Last year our collection welcomed more than 40 new hotels, and we expect to build on that momentum in 2018," said Deniz Omurgonulsen, Vice President, Membership, The Leading Hotels of the World. "We are delighted to welcome these seven new properties to our portfolio. They each offer unmatched personalized and memorable service and have a dramatic sense of place that connects them deeply to their respective destinations."
For Amalfi coast bliss search no further than Palazzo Avino, perched high on the cliffs of the medieval hilltop village in of Ravello. Originally a 12th-century villa built for an esteemed Italian noble family, this multi-award-winning property has 33 rooms and 10 suites. It has been tastefully refurbished by the Avino family, keeping true to evocative medieval and baroque features. Enjoy a candlelit dinner or intimate Chef's Table experience at Michelin-starred Rosellini's Restaurant or sip wine at the Sommelier's Table in the hotel's wine cave. Private Amalfi Coast beach access, inspiring art, a serene spa and Southern Italian cuisine are all part of the Palazzo Avino journey.
- An uncommon experience not to miss: Just fifteen minutes away from Ravello is Palazzo Avino's exclusive Clubhouse by the Sea. Encompassing three levels of terraces, this private beach club offers guests complimentary access to the Mediterranean, glistening pools, a casual restaurant, showers and relaxing living rooms. Complimentary shuttle service to and from the Clubhouse is also provided by the hotel.
With a history stretching back 140 years, Waldhaus Flims Alpine Grand Hotel & Spa enjoys an idyllic location, surrounded by a fairy-tale forest, amidst breathtaking mountains. The hotel sits in Waldhaus Park, one of the largest hotel owned parks in Switzerland, and encompassing three distinctive guest houses that are seamlessly connected by both covered walkways and underground passages. Traditional charm and contemporary style artfully blend throughout the property's 143 guestrooms and venues. Three restaurants serve sophisticated local cuisine, while the two bars are ideal for savoring creative cocktails. A stunning Belle Epoque pavilion is the perfect location for concerts and events, and a dedicated ski room, tranquil spa, charming library, and hotel museum provide endless entertainment.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: Visit the award-winning spa to be immersed in the power of nature. Start with a swim in the bathing pond that is filled with soft local mountain spring water. In the winter when the pond freezes, an ice hole is created for guests brave enough to take a dip. For an intense sensation, follow time in the bathing pond with a stop in the nearby in-ground sauna that is centered around an open fire with views of the pond and forest.
Hotel Weisses Rössl Kitzbühelis located next to the 700-year-old historic center of Kitzbühel with its boutiques, restaurants, cafés and the Casino. Celebrated as the leading sports destination of the Alps, the town plays constant host to ski, snow polo, triathlon, tennis and golf tournaments. Hotel Weisses Rössl Kitzbühel was built in the 17th century and is owned by the Harisch family. It underwent a complete contemporary refurbishment in 2017 by famous Austrian architects. In addition to its 29 rooms and 18 suites, the hotel features two restaurants, a lobby-bar with open fire place, an extensive spa with indoor pool, saunas and a fitness center and conference facilities.
- An uncommon experience not to miss: Toast to more than 500 years of wine culture in Hotel Hotel Weisses Rössl Kitzbühel historic wine cellar that was built in the 15th century. Wine enthusiasts can enjoy this this hotel gem that offers a rare selection of wines and ongoing tasting throughout the year.
Sense of place is shaped at the glamorous Parker Palm Springs by wandering the thirteen lushly planted acres of California desert. A fire circle, fountains, fruit trees and herb gardens, hammocks strung between trees and hidden niches are just some of the surprising finds along the journey. Whether exploring the entire weave of walkways throughout the property, or simply following the path that leads from your room to breakfast at NORMA'S, dinner at the dark and seductive mister parker's, or an afternoon drink at the poolside Lemonade Stand, you will be lost is the property's magic. The luxe 1950s-era hideaway's 131 rooms, 12 villas and the 2-bedroom Gene Autry residence are Moroccan inspired and feature Jonathan Adler designs throughout. The Palm Springs Yacht Club ensures ample relaxation, while red clay tennis courts, two outdoor pools and yard games of croquet and petanque provide endless entertainment.
- An uncommon experience not to miss: Celebrating the celebrity of the destination, the Parker Palm Springs' Gene Autry Residence brings to life the Hollywood history of the resort. The "singing cowboy" once resided in the residence that was constructed in 1964. Guests in search of the ultimate Palm Springs experience can book the two-bedroom house with a private sauna, treatment room, terrace and screening room.
With breathtaking views of New York City's Central Park, a stay at the Parker New York places guests just steps from Fifth Avenue, Carnegie Hall and the bright lights of Broadway. The hotel's 706 rooms and 23 suites provide access to a penthouse pool and sundeck and unmatched on-site fitness and beauty facilities. A range of dining options has food cravings covered: NORMA'S for breakfast all-day; Knave for a morning espresso or evening cocktail; Indian Accent for an elegant experience; and a "hidden" burger joint praised for having one of NY's best burgers. As befits its sophisticated urban setting, the hotel also offers spectacular spaces for meetings and social events.
- An uncommon experience not to miss: The Underground is a sophisticated one-stop wellness shop on the lower level of The Parker that is hosts the best in beauty, fitness, and health offerings, all under one roof. Start the morning with a workout at Gravity Fitness, followed by a massage at the Moonshine Spa and laser facial at Skin Laundry. Complete your look for a night out with a blowout at Drybar, mani/pedi at TenOverTen, makeup at Blushington or a haircut and shave for the guys at Sharp's Barber and Shop (on the lobby level).
Opening In March:
Located in the heart of the ancient port city of Jaffa, the highly anticipated Setai Tel Aviv opened on March 1. The five-building property was initially constructed as a fortress during the Crusader Kingdom's rule over Jaffa in the 12th-centuryand has since remained one of the most important properties in Israel from a historical, cultural and architectural perspective. The original buildings have been meticulously restored over the span of a 25-year preservation process, yielding 120 gorgeous guest rooms and suites that offer glistening views of the Mediterranean Sea and the historic Jaffa Clock Tower and Square. From the rooftop infinity pool to the full-service spa, authentic Turkish Hammam, and the lobby-level JAYA restaurant, The Setai Tel Aviv sits at the intersection of luxury and history and offers the same standard of service, hospitality and decor as The Setai, Miami Beach.
- An uncommon experience not to miss: For a day of leisure walk literal steps to the Mediterranean Sea or Jaffa Flea Market, a hotspot teeming with high-end restaurants, design boutiques and colorful street scenes. Return to the hotel in time for the Setai Tel Aviv's daily British High Tea Service - a sophisticated nod to the buildings former occupants.
One hundred and thirty years after it first opened in 1886, the Gran Hotel Inglés is reborn. This storied property will officially re-open its doors on March 23, inviting guests to celebrate its luxurious history and welcome its modern and sophisticated future. The 48-room property was completely restored and renovated under the artistic direction of the Rockwell Group. Its elegant and evocative details bring to mind the interior of a luxurious art deco salon: hardwood floors, walls lined with padded leather panels, bronze furniture and glass details. The property also offers extraordinary dining venues and an exceptional fitness center with top-of-the-line exercise equipment, right in the trendy heart of Las Letras borough of Madrid.
- An uncommon experience not to miss: Gran Hotel Inglés' gastronomy is purely "castiza," meaning genuine in Madrid. Executive chef Willy Moya creates memorable cuisine that links an international menu with surprising Spanish twists at the hotel's premier restaurant LOBO 8. For a lighter fare enjoy churros and chocolate offered every afternoon, or stop by the Lobby Bar for tapas paired with vermouth or a signature cocktail.
In January 2018 the Bayerischer Hof completed an almost two-year, EUR 12 million renovation. The project was headed by renowned architect Axel Vervoordt, who collaborated on the redesign of the hotel's Garden and Atelier Restaurants, [email protected] Lounge and the Palais Hall. An existing wing of the hotel was razed above the Komödie theatre to give rise to 28 new rooms and the Penthouse Garden Suite that occupies the entire 8th floor and is now the largest suite in Munich.
About The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. (LHW)
Comprised of more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries, Leading Hotels is a collection of uncommon luxury hotels. Rooted in the locations in which they are found, members embody the very essence of their destination. Through varied styles of architecture and design and distinct cultural experiences enhanced by passionate people, the collection is for the curious traveler looking for their next discovery. Established in 1928 by several influential and forward-thinking European hoteliers, Leading Hotels has a nine-decade-long commitment to providing remarkable, authentic travel experiences. The company selects only hotels that meet its high standards for quality and distinctiveness, resulting in a curated portfolio of hotels united not by what makes them the same, but the details that make them different. Leaders Club is the company's exclusive tiered guest loyalty program, consisting of like-minded travelers seeking uncommon travel experiences. The program provides its members with personalized service and exclusive travel benefits to enhance their stays at any Leading Hotel around the world. For more information visit: www.lhw.com, Facebook at www.Facebook.com/LeadingHotels, Instagram @leadinghotelsoftheworld and Twitter @LeadingHotels