AccorHotels reaffirms its ambitions and targets the doubling of its EBITDA by 2022
In the context of its Capital Market Day to be held in Paris today, AccorHotels reaffirms the key components of its strategy and presents its midterm targets for value creation.
As the Groups transformation into an asset-light model comes to completion, AccorHotels now builds on many strengths:
- The richest portfolio of iconic brands in the industry, covering all segments & niches,
- Leading positions in the highest-potential markets, with number one position in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East & Africa and Latin America,
- Accelerating development pattern, with an increasing share of upscale and luxury hotels, delivering a continuous 5% net system addition per annum, among the industry highest.
- State-of-the-art distribution tools, with emphasis on personalization, usage and loyalty.
The execution of this strategy will be fostered by two initiatives:
- The public tender offer for 47% of the share Capital of the Polish company Orbis that AccorHotels does not own today, with a view to replicate of the active asset management strategy implemented by AccorHotels for several years;
- The alignment of the Groups support functions with its new economic model, notably in Europe, in order to better serve partners and clients, while optimizing central costs, expected to remain stable over the midterm.
Sebastien Bazin, Chairman and CEO of AccorHotels said: AccorHotels has gone through a major transformation over the last few years. This was evidenced by numerous acquisitions of brands and new ancillary business activities, the strengthening of our digital platforms, and the shift to an asset-light model with the sale of a majority stake in AccorInvest. These major steps behind us, we are now focused on executing on our strategy to unleash the Groups full potential. Our targets are ambitious yet achievable. AccorHotels is more agile, more profitable, and more global, with a well-balanced brand portfolio. These assets are unique in the industry. Combined with a rigorous management, this will enable the Groups to create sustainable value for our shareholders, our clients and our employees.
Based on the above, AccorHotels targets the doubling of its EBITDA between 2017 and 2022, to reach 1.2bn, driven by:
- The integration and ramp-up of recent acquisitions,
- Solid revenue growth, reflecting both sound business levels in the Groups key markets and the continued increase in development, supported by the upscaling of its brand portfolio,
- Operating margin improvement, thanks to strict control of central costs.
Operating performance enhancement, combined with stable CAPEX will lead to sharp increase in recurring cash-flows, and hence the Groups dividend per share.
Accor is a world-leading augmented hospitality group offering unique and meaningful experiences in 4,800 hotels, resorts, and residences across 100 countries. With an unrivalled portfolio of brands from luxury to economy, Accor has been providing hospitality savoir-faire for more than 50 years. Beyond accommodations, Accor enables new ways to live, work, and play with food & beverage, nightlife, wellbeing, and coworking brands. To drive business performance, Accor's portfolio of business accelerators amplify hospitality distribution, operations, and experience. Guests have access to one of the world's most attractive hotel loyalty programs. Accor is deeply committed to sustainable value creation, and plays an active role in giving back to planet and community. Planet 21 - Acting Here endeavors to act for positive hospitality, while Accor Solidarity, the endowment fund, empowers disadvantaged groups through professional training and access to employment. Accor SA is publicly listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN code: FR0000120404) and on the OTC Market (Ticker: ACRFY) in the United States. For more information visit accor.com. Or become a fan and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.