Going Global: Industries Finest to Explore Issues and Opportunities for the Hotel Market at Independent Hotel Show Amsterdam
What to expect at the Dutch edition of the show…
Booking is now live for the programme for the first continental European edition of the Independent Hotel Show. Taking place at the RAI Amsterdam, an attractive, substantive and innovative programme compliments the 120 specialist exhibitors, making it well worth the trip!
Creative Hotel Thinkers Take to the Stage
Experts from across The Netherlands are deeply involved with the preparations for the Independent Hotel Show Amsterdam and many of them will take to the stage so hoteliers can leave the show inspired and motivated.
Here's a sneak peak at some of the speakers you'll be able to hear from at this year's show:
- Annemoon Guerts, founder, Kazerne
- Bram van der Hoek, CEO, Europe Hotels Private Collection
- Erik-Jan Ginjaar, managing director, Postillion Hotels
- Gladys Camphuijsen, sales and events director, The Pulitzer Amsterdam
- Hans Meyer, co-founder and owner, Zoku
- Inge van Weert, general manager, QO Amsterdam
- Jan Stuurman, general manager, V Hotel
- Joost van Beek, Chief operations Northern Europe, The Student Hotel
- Marco Lemmers, owner and CEO, Conscious Hotel Group
- Rob Wagemans, founder, Concrete
- Eric Toren, Owner, Hotel TwentySeven
- Holly Friend, Foresight Writer, The Future Laboratory
- Kevin Rockey, MD Operations UK & Europe, The Hoxton
- Vincent van Dijk, Owner & Partner, HBMEO Concepts
- Charles Van Goch, Chief Empowering Officer, Mise en Place
- René van Schie, Director of Hotel and Leisure Developments, Metropolitan Region Amsterdam
Visionary Speakers: Top Picks
Composed of inspiring and practical conversations, The Hotel Vision Stage, designed by H-Hospitality, will explore both local issues and global trends with content designed to serve the needs of today's modern hotelier.
There are 10 amazing sessions to choose from, but we'd suggest making space in your agenda for the below:
Wednesday, 8th of May
11.00: The Year in Review - lead by STR Global, this session will present the big picture in the European Hotel Industry as our expert panel review the last 12 months of the market.
14:30: Why Sustainability is Good for Business - taking on one of Amsterdam's hottest topics to discover the green practices hoteliers needs to know about now.
17:00: Designing for 'Bleisure' - an interview with Rob Wagemens of Concrete and Hans Meyer of Zoku exploring how the hospitality community is reacting to the discerning 'bliesure' guest.
Thursday, 9th of May
11:00: How to Use Technology and Personalization to Maximise Direct Bookings - following exclusive research ahead of the show this session will explore the changes in buyer booking behaviours and reveal what can really drive direct bookings.
12:15: Placemaking: Hospitality in the Heart of the Community - a 'how to' for hoteliers wishing to capitalise on their local community
14:00: Scale Up but Retain Your Independent Spirit - for hoteliers who want to scale up without losing sight of quality and guest experience, featuring representatives from Europe Hotels Private Collection, Hotel V, and The Hoxton.
Explore the full line-up at independenthotelshow.nl/programme
Social Business Space
If that isn't enough, you'll be able to find further enlightened discussion in the Social Business Space, an environment where knowledge is gained and shared in the form of "speed networking" - which looks a lot like "speed dating" but without the awkwardness. These targeted sessions enable you to get to know each other, exchange ideas and solve problems within the wider hotel community.
Bringing together up-and-coming young hoteliers, passionate Heads of Departments, and established industry leaders, these exclusive networking sessions will be themed around Expansion Plans, The Future is Female, 'Independently-Spirited' Hoteliers, and the Young Future Leaders Summit.
Tickets to attend Independent Hotel Show Amsterdam available now via independenthotelshow.nl at the early-bird rate of €25.