Cycas Signs First UK Contract With Accor To Manage Ibis Bridgwater
- Cycas signs deal to operate its first Ibis property in late 2020
- The deal marks Cycas's second partnership with Accor this year, with the management company bringing the new greet brand to Germany in autumn
The 144-room new-build Ibis Bridgwater will become the largest internationally-branded hotel in the Somerset town when it opens in Q4 2020. Set within the Woodlands Court Business Park, the five-storey Ibis Bridgwater will feature a Keepers bar and restaurant area, parking for 81 cars plus meeting facilities.
With good proximity to J23 of the M5 and easy access to Bristol, Bristol Airport and Taunton, the hotel will be less than half an hour's drive from the new Hinkley Point C nuclear power station. As the UK's first newly built nuclear power station in over two decades, the project is expected to create over 25,000 job opportunities.
Asli Kutlucan, Chief Development Officer at Cycas Hospitality, said:"As one of Europe's most ambitious construction projects, it's already clear how the Hinkley Point C development is delivering a huge economic boost to the South West and driving increased investment into Bridgwater itself."
"We are delighted to have secured our second Accor property and to welcome the leading economy brand to the Cycas family. With Ibis's forward-looking reputation, we look forward to working with our partners to capitalise on the growing demand for both business and leisure travellers to the area."
Tim Wheeldon, Managing Director at Zeal Hotels, said: "Given the increasing talk around establishing a South West powerhouse, now is a great time to support the long term regional vision for economic growth by bringing an iconic brand to the area.
"With their reputation for creating memorable guest experiences, we are confident that Cycas Hospitality will help ensure we're in the best position to capitalise on the growing demand for quality accommodation in Bridgwater and beyond."
Following the agreement, Cycas's portfolio now includes 12 hotel brands across five global hotel groups, and the Ibis Bridgwater becomes the company's fifth European property due to open in 2020.
About Cycas Hospitality
- Founded in 2008, Cycas Hospitality is a pioneering hotel management company on a mission to make its hotels the best places to work as well as stay.
- Operating across both the extended-stay and mainstream hospitality sectors, Cycas plans to triple its portfolio to more than 10,000 guest rooms across the UK and mainland Europe.
- With proven expertise in operations, property development and asset management Cycas is the preferred hotel operator for major international franchise brands. Having helped IHG, Hyatt and Marriott develop their dual-branded hotel concept in Europe, in 2019 Cycas partnered with Quest Apartment Hotels to launch their first European property, and welcomed Accor as its fifth international hotel group partner.
- With a distinctive performance culture and the philosophy that "our job is not over until we get a smile", Cycas was recognised as a 'Best Place to Work in Hospitality' (2018 & 2019), and won the UK hospitality industry's 'Best Employer Award' (Cateys 2018).
- To find out more visit www.cycashospitality.com or connect with us via LinkedIn and Twitter.
Phone: +44 (0)7967 978 911