Preferred Hotels & Resorts Announces Winners of Annual Awards of Excellence and GIFTTS Pineapple Award Initiatives
NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Preferred Hotels & Resorts - the world's largest independent hotel brand - is pleased to announce the winners of its annual Preferred Awards of Excellence and GIFTTS Pineapple Award initiatives. These awards recognize independent hotels and individual hoteliers represented within the brand's worldwide portfolio that went above and beyond in their commitment to delivering meaningful travel experiences and selfless acts of genuine hospitality to their guests and local communities in 2019.
2020 Preferred Awards of Excellence
The Preferred Awards of Excellence recognize remarkable hotels and hoteliers across the company's global network that excel in championing the Preferred Hotels & Resorts brand promise, Believe in Travel,and shine in their passion for both providing superior service and creating unique, memorable experiences that connect travelers to the authentic spirit of their chosen destination. Each hotel honoree ranks among the top in their respective regions as part of the bespoke Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance program - which takes into account the results of a professional on-site inspection and real-time guest feedback from the world's top consumer review sites - and actively inspires travelers to pursue #ThePreferredLife. Winners of the 2020 Preferred Awards of Excellence are as follows:
- Hotel of the Year Overall: Windsor Court Hotel (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Hotel of the Year - Asia Pacific: The Fullerton Bay Hotel (Singapore)
- Hotel of the Year - United States & Canada: Hotel Californian (Santa Barbara, California)
- Hotel of the Year - Latin America: Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel (Cusco, Peru)
- Hotel of the Year - Mexico & Caribbean: Galeria Plaza Reforma (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Hotel of the Year - Europe: Hotel Regina Louvre (Paris, France)
- Hotel of the Year - India, Middle East & Africa: The Leela Palace New Delhi (India)
- New Hotel of the Year - Resort: Lelewatu Resort Sumba (Sumba Barat, Indonesia)
- New Hotel of the Year - City Center: Amerikalinjen (Oslo, Norway)
- I Prefer Hotel of the Year - Co-Winners: Galeria Plaza Reforma (Mexico City, Mexico) and Royal Plaza on Scotts (Singapore)
- Hotelier of the Year: Sally Beck, General Manager, Royal Lancaster London (London, United Kingdom)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Rajiv Kaul, The Leela Palaces, Hotels and Resorts (India)
To learn more about this year's winners, please visit PreferredHotels.com/AwardsofExcellence.
11th Annual GIFTTS Pineapple Awards
Each year, Preferred Hotels & Resorts also recognizes member hotels that take the meaning of genuine hospitality beyond their front doors by showcasing an outstanding commitment to philanthropy and sustainability as part of its GIFTTS (Great Initiatives for Today's [Tomorrow's] Society) program. With more than 80 properties nominated for their exemplary efforts throughout 2019, the winners of the 11th annual GIFTTS Pineapple Awards are as follows:
- Philanthropy Winner - Sopwell House (St. Albans, United Kingdom)
- Sustainability Winner - NJV Athens Plaza (Athens, Greece)
- Inspiring Newcomer Award - Villa Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Most Consistent Commitment - Wynn Resorts (United States/ International)
- Overall Corporate Social Responsibility Program Winner - Gondwana Game Reserve (Mossel Bay, South Africa)
For more information on GIFTTS and specific initiatives executed by the individual winners, visit www.PreferredHotels.com/GIFTTS.
About Preferred Hotel Group
Owned and operated by the Ueberroth Family, Preferred Hotel Group is the parent company of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, Beyond Green, Historic Hotels of America, Historic Hotels Worldwide, PHG Consulting, and Beyond Green Travel, representing more than 1,100 hotels, resorts, and residences across 80 countries, in addition to a global portfolio of destinations such as Suzhou, China; Guadalajara, Mexico; and Honduras. With more than 250 seasoned travel professionals situated across 20 countries, the company connects independent hotels, hospitality companies, destinations, and tourism bureaus to key markets worldwide through a variety of strategic branding, sales, integrated marketing, revenue management, and comprehensive distribution services, along with other consultancy services. Fueled by its brand promise, Believe in Travel, the company champions an unwavering belief in the transformative power of travel and its ability to enrich people"s lives, inspire a greater respect for the Earth, and expand hearts and minds to other cultures and ways of living. For more information on Preferred Hotel Group"s entities, please visit PreferredHotels.com, StayBeyondGreen.com, HistoricHotels.org, PHGConsulting.com, and BeyondGreenTravel.com.
AboutI Prefer Hotel Rewards
Launched in 2013, the I Prefer Hotel Rewards program from Preferred Hotel Group extends points for multiple redemption options and other complimentary benefits to members upon eligible stays at more than 650 participating hotels and resorts worldwide. In addition to earning points for eligible room nights, members receive additional benefits based on their tier status. I Prefer also offers a free mobile app, available on Apple and Android devices, which allows members to search and book hotel stays, easily redeem Reward Certificates, and connect directly with their host hotel during a stay. Currently, more than four million travelers have signed up for membership.