Preferred Hotels & Resorts Announces Winners of Annual Awards of Excellence and GIFTTS Pineapple Award Initiatives
NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Preferred Hotels & Resorts - the world's largest independent hotel brand - is pleased to announce the winners of its annual Preferred Awards of Excellence and GIFTTS Pineapple Award initiatives. These awards recognize independent hotels and individual hoteliers represented within the brand's worldwide portfolio that went above and beyond in their commitment to delivering meaningful travel experiences and selfless acts of genuine hospitality to their guests and local communities in 2019.
2020 Preferred Awards of Excellence
The Preferred Awards of Excellence recognize remarkable hotels and hoteliers across the company's global network that excel in championing the Preferred Hotels & Resorts brand promise, Believe in Travel,and shine in their passion for both providing superior service and creating unique, memorable experiences that connect travelers to the authentic spirit of their chosen destination. Each hotel honoree ranks among the top in their respective regions as part of the bespoke Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance program - which takes into account the results of a professional on-site inspection and real-time guest feedback from the world's top consumer review sites - and actively inspires travelers to pursue #ThePreferredLife. Winners of the 2020 Preferred Awards of Excellence are as follows:
- Hotel of the Year Overall: Windsor Court Hotel (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Hotel of the Year - Asia Pacific: The Fullerton Bay Hotel (Singapore)
- Hotel of the Year - United States & Canada: Hotel Californian (Santa Barbara, California)
- Hotel of the Year - Latin America: Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel (Cusco, Peru)
- Hotel of the Year - Mexico & Caribbean: Galeria Plaza Reforma (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Hotel of the Year - Europe: Hotel Regina Louvre (Paris, France)
- Hotel of the Year - India, Middle East & Africa: The Leela Palace New Delhi (India)
- New Hotel of the Year - Resort: Lelewatu Resort Sumba (Sumba Barat, Indonesia)
- New Hotel of the Year - City Center: Amerikalinjen (Oslo, Norway)
- I Prefer Hotel of the Year - Co-Winners: Galeria Plaza Reforma (Mexico City, Mexico) and Royal Plaza on Scotts (Singapore)
- Hotelier of the Year: Sally Beck, General Manager, Royal Lancaster London (London, United Kingdom)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Rajiv Kaul, The Leela Palaces, Hotels and Resorts (India)
To learn more about this year's winners, please visit PreferredHotels.com/AwardsofExcellence.
11th Annual GIFTTS Pineapple Awards
Each year, Preferred Hotels & Resorts also recognizes member hotels that take the meaning of genuine hospitality beyond their front doors by showcasing an outstanding commitment to philanthropy and sustainability as part of its GIFTTS (Great Initiatives for Today's [Tomorrow's] Society) program. With more than 80 properties nominated for their exemplary efforts throughout 2019, the winners of the 11th annual GIFTTS Pineapple Awards are as follows:
- Philanthropy Winner - Sopwell House (St. Albans, United Kingdom)
- Sustainability Winner - NJV Athens Plaza (Athens, Greece)
- Inspiring Newcomer Award - Villa Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Most Consistent Commitment - Wynn Resorts (United States/ International)
- Overall Corporate Social Responsibility Program Winner - Gondwana Game Reserve (Mossel Bay, South Africa)
For more information on GIFTTS and specific initiatives executed by the individual winners, visit www.PreferredHotels.com/GIFTTS.
About Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest independent hotel brand, representing more than 750 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 85 countries. Through its five global collections, Preferred Hotels & Resorts connects discerning travelers to the singular luxury hospitality experience that meets their life and style preferences for each occasion. Every property within the portfolio maintains the high-quality standards and unparalleled service levels required by the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance Program. The I Prefer™ hotel rewards program, Preferred Residences℠, Preferred Pride℠, and Preferred Golf™ offer valuable benefits for travelers seeking a unique experience. For more information, visit PreferredHotels.com.
Phone: +1 929 841 5240