AH&LA To Sponsor A Full Calendar Of Industry Events In 2009
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront, San Diego, California
- ALIS is the annual meeting place for hotel executives, investors, lenders, developers and the professional advisory community in the hotel and tourism industry. A crowd of nearly 3,000 industry leaders attend ALIS annually to discuss important hospitality and economic trends and identify new opportunities.
March 16-17: AH&LA Legislative Action Summit (LAS)
- The Mandarin Oriental, Washington, D.C.
- LAS connects members with influential policy makers on Capitol Hill and the White House to network and develop legislative solutions for pertinent industry issues. Major topics on this year’s agenda include addressing the sensitive issue of card check legislation in the new Administration, pushing H-2B Visa relief, revising ADA restrictions, and spurring initiatives dedicated to increasing overseas visitors.
April 16-18: AH&LEI Lodging Management Program (LMP) National Competition
- Marriott Orlando Airport Resort, Orlando, Florida
- In its sixth year, teams of 11th and 12th graders from around the country will blend classroom learning and real-life work experiences in this hands-on competition hosted by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute.
June 23-24: AH&LA Summer Summit
- The Hilton Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- AH&LA’s fourth annual Summer Summit hosts the association’s board meeting and nearly 20 committee’s delegates for two fast-paced days of business, knowledge, and networking. AH&LA recognizes notable industry professionals and properties during the annual Stars of the Industry Awards luncheon.
August 23-26: AH&LEF Golf Classic
- Pinehurst Resort, Village of Pinehurst, North Carolina
- All avid golfers are invited to attend this annual event, raising vital funds for industry research and scholarship initiatives sponsored by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation.
September 3: AH&LA HotelPAC Broadmoor Classic Golf Tournament
- The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- As one of HotelPAC’s top-earning events, the golf tournament is one of the most successful methods for raising vital funds which support industry-friendly candidates for federal office.
November 6-10: AH&LA Fall Conference, held in conjunction with the International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show (IHM&RS)
- Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, New York
- In conjunction with the industry’s premier trade show which draws approximately 35,000 attendees, this event offers approximately 30 educational seminars on timely industry topics, brings together members of its influential national committees, and sets the stage for professional networking.
For more information on these events, and a comprehensive calendar of additional state events, please visit AH&LA Industry Calendar online, or call (202) 289-3100. Press interested in covering these events are invited to contact Jessica Soklow, manager of media relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (202) 289-3153.
Serving the hospitality industry for nearly a century, AH&LA is the sole national association representing all sectors and stakeholders in the lodging industry, including individual hotel property members, hotel companies, student and faculty members, and industry suppliers. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., AH&LA provides members with national advocacy on Capitol Hill, public relations and image management, education, research and information, and other value-added services to provide bottom-line savings and ensure a positive business climate for the lodging industry. Partner state associations provide local representation and additional cost-saving benefits to members.