Onity’s Integra 5 Electronic Locking Platform Provides Affordable Integrated Access Control Solution for Commercial Facilities
Onity’s Integra 5 electronic locking platform, which was introduced in 2007 in order to meet the highly specialized security needs of college campuses, is now being made available to the commercial access control market. Due to Integra 5’s unique ability to integrate off-line (stand alone) electronic locking devices into an online (hard-wired) access control system, it provides an affordable locking solution for commercial facilities of all kinds, including health care facilities, military bases, government buildings and corporate offices. Onity, one of the world’s leading providers of electronic locking solutions, is part of UTC Fire & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX)
“Since the cost of an Integra 5 stand alone lock is approximately one-tenth that of a traditional electronic access control door – depending on door hardware, equipment and cost of local labor – the ability to integrate interior off-line door locks into the overall facility security management platform not only enhances access control, but provides significant savings,” said Chris Freeman, Onity’s product manager.
The comprehensive Integra 5 lock management system manages up to 65,000 doors, 65,000 active card-holders, and an unlimited number of buildings. The user friendly, easy-to-learn, easy-to-use Windows® based software can be custom configured to meet the specific needs of any size and type of commercial facility.
Integra 5 utilizes a client-server based architecture, secure network transmissions, fault-tolerant network operations and an updated graphical user interface. The central architecture allows a system administrator to easily apply upgrades and perform system maintenance. Integra 5 also works with a variety of database structures, such as Firebird and Microsoft® SQL. For security, network traffic is encrypted using SSL 128-bit strength for all data traffic between clients and the server. The Integra 5 is Windows® 2000, XP and 2003 supported.
Features of the Onity Integra 5 system include:
- Client-server architecture
- Multiple RDBMS support (Microsoft® SQL or Firebird)
- Flexible Kiosk ISO track data management
- Online devices may be controlled remotely from any user PC
- Future upgrades automated. Site upgrades server, & server upgrades clients during login
- Designed for any facility size
- Can incorporate staff and/or student ID cards
- PC based; Windows® 2000, 2003 and XP compatible
- Off-line and on-line locks fully integrated within one system
- Manages up to 65,000 users and 65,000 doors
- Capacity of up to 3,000 users per stand-alone lock
- Allows for individually customized access privileges
- Lock audit trail of up to the last 1,184 events
- Provides entry activity reports by date, time and user
- Ethernet, modem and RS485 connections to on-line devices
- Locking plan matrix for a complete visual representation
- Automatic expiration of resident cards in individual doors (personalized plan)
- Supports magnetic-stripe technology
For additional information, please contact Suzanne Fritz at 1-866-86-ONITY or visit www.onity.com.
About Onity | Onity (formerly TESA Entry Systems, Inc.), a leading global provider of electronic locking systems, offers innovative technological solutions and services for the Hospitality, Corporate, Education, Government and Marine markets. The company’s ever-expanding family of facility management solutions includes electronic locks, in-room safes, and Senercomm® energy-management systems. Headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, Onity has R&D and manufacturing operations in Spain, Mexico, China, and the U.S., as well as an extensive sales and service network that spans more than 115 countries around the globe. For information about Onity’s electronic hospitality solutions please visit .
About UTC Fire & Security | Onity is part of UTC Fire & Security, which provides fire safety and security solutions to more than one million customers around the world. Headquartered in Connecticut, UTC Fire & Security is a business unit of United Technologies Corp., which provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries worldwide. More information can be found at .
Global Marketing Manager