Hilton Hotels Partners with Paramount Pictures for Upcoming Film “Up in the Air”
Global Hotel Brand Launches Sweepstakes as Buzz Builds for Film Starring Oscar® Winner George Clooney
Scenes of the film were shot at multiple Hilton hotels and signature Hilton products and amenities are used throughout. Props designed for the movie include a Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP card made for George Clooney’s character, Ryan Bingham.
“We are thrilled to have an iconic brand like Hilton as our marketing partner on this film,” commented LeeAnne Stables, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Partnerships at Paramount Pictures. “It was important to our director, Jason Reitman, to have an authentic depiction of life among frequent travelers, and the Hilton team was incredibly supportive of our production while on the road.”
Hilton is giving away one million Hilton HHonors points, Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP status, a trip to Paris and other prizes. Travelers who book a Hilton stay at www.Hilton.com/UpintheAir will be entered for a chance to win a selection of prizes inspired by Bingham*.
Any guest who makes a booking for a Hilton hotel stay through Hilton.com between November 3 and January 11, 2010 will automatically be entered into the Hilton Up in the Air Sweepstakes for a chance to win both the grand prize as well as the prize-of-the-week.* Winners could receive a fast track to the world of travel privileges experienced by the film’s main character and other Hilton HHonors VIP members. Sweepstakes prizes include:
One million Hilton HHonors points, Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP status for a year and a trip to Paris that includes round trip airfare for two, accommodations at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris and ground transportation between the airport and hotel.
Ten Weekly Prizes:
- Week 1: Trip for two to the Up in the Air movie premiere, including roundtrip airfare, accommodations at The Beverly Hilton and ground transportation between the airport and hotel and to and from the premiere
- Week 2: A private screening of Up in the Air for the winner and up to 200 of his or her friends
- Week 3: 150,000 Hilton HHonors points and Hilton HHonors Gold VIP status for one year
- Week 4: Prize pack including roundtrip airfare, ground transportation between the airport and hotel, a three-night stay in the Presidential Suite at the Hilton St. Louis Ballpark, a tour of local Hilton hotels and attractions where scenes of the movie were filmed, and a $150 gift certificate to Sub Zero Vodka Bar
- Week 5: Products from The Hilton Serenity Collection™, including King sized Serenity mattress & box spring, two Serenity pillows, down comforter, duvet cover, sheet set
- Week 6: 200,000 Hilton HHonors points and Hilton HHonors Gold VIP status for one year
- Week 7: An island-hopper package in Hawaii including accommodations, for three nights at each resort, at Hilton Hawaiian Village and Hilton Waikoloa Village resorts on Oahu and Hawaii’s Big Island, round trip airfare, ground transportation between airports and resorts, and admission to the Waikiki Starlight Luau and Dolphin Quest Encounters
- Week 8: Travelpro® (registered mark) three-piece luggage set from the WalkAbout® Lite 3 Collection, Hilton bath robe, autographed movie poster and in-room amenities used on the Up in the Air set
- Week 9: 250,000 Hilton HHonors points and Hilton HHonors Gold VIP status
- Week 10: Four-day, three-night stay at the newly opened Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, including roundtrip airfare, ground transportation between the airport and hotel and dinner for two at La Luce restaurant for up to $150
The Hilton.com/UpintheAir site also features the film trailer, photos, an online game giving visitors the chance to win one of 1,000 pairs of Up in the Air movie tickets and, in celebration of the film’s debut, Hilton is also partnering with thisMoment.com – a new social media platform that lets people create and share beautiful, multimedia galleries about their experiences – to collect stories that illustrate how Hilton team members worldwide help guests make the most of their stays. Travelers can see and hear examples of true Hilton hospitality in the words of Hilton team members at Hilton.com/UpintheAir.
For more information about the Hilton Up in the Air Sweepstakes or to make a reservation, travelers can visit .
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Begins on 11/3/09 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on 1/11/10 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Open to residents of the U.S. and Canada of majority age, excluding Quebec. Official rules available at Hilton.com/UpintheAir. Void where prohibited. The Hilton Up in the Air Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hilton Worldwide.
About “Up in the Air”
Paramount Pictures Presents in Association with Cold Spring Pictures and DW Studios, A Montecito Picture Company Production in Association with Rickshaw Productions in Association with Right of Way Films A Jason Reitman Film Up in the Air starring George Clooney, Vera Farmiga, Anna Kendrick and Danny McBride. The film is directed by Jason Reitman. Screenplay by Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner. Based upon the novel by Walter Kirn. The producers are Ivan Reitman, Jason Reitman, Daniel Dubiecki and Jeffrey Clifford. The executive producers are Tom Pollock, Joe Medjuck, Ted Griffin and Michael Beugg. The director of photography is Eric Steelberg. The production designer is Steve Saklad. The film editor is Dana Glauberman, A.C.E. The costume designer is Danny Glicker. The music is by Rolfe Kent. The music supervisors are Randall Poster and Rick Clark. This film has been rated R for language and some sexual content.
About Paramount Pictures Corporation | Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The company's labels include Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, MTV Films and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Digital Entertainment, Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., Paramount Studio Group, and Worldwide Television Distribution.
About Hilton Hotels | Hilton Hotels is the stylish, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality that welcomes guests in more countries than any other full-service hotel brand. The Hilton brand currently includes more than 530 hotels and resorts in 76 countries, and plans to serve travelers in 80 countries by the end of 2011. By offering innovative products, services and amenities, Hilton enables travelers to be at their best 24/7, whether travelling for business or leisure. Start your journey at .
John Forrest Ales