OpenWays Invites Hoteliers to Explore the Future of Guestroom Access and Mobile App Stickiness at HITEC 2014
- Industry leaders say Mobile Key by OpenWays is the future . . .
- Surveys show sticky apps get used by guests . . .
- Modern travelers say they want a Mobile Key . . .
- Come see your Mobile Key future in Booth 1209
Here are 3 Top reasons why are we so confident Mobile Key byOpenWays is in your future:
Leadership representing nearly 10% ofglobal hotel rooms say so:
- Frits van Paasschen, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide CEO:"We believe this will become the new standard for how people will want to enter a hotel. It may be a novelty at first, but we think it will become table stakes for managing a hotel."
- Christopher Nassetta, Hilton Worldwide CEO: "Everybody has to check in, but we are all doing it pretty much the same way we were 100 years ago. [A mobile key] is something we are seriously addressing."
- Trudy Rautio, Carlson President and CEO:"Vision 20/20 aspires to elevate the guest experience with innovations in technology, guest service and beyond. The Radisson Red focus on technology will include a mobile application that will not only allow guests to skip reception for check-in…"
The benefits of Mobile Key byOpenWays are far reaching when implemented properly with OpenWays integration experts:
- Skipping the front desk isn't just about the novelty – a recent Cornell University study shows U.S. travelers satisfaction drops by 50% by the time they have waited just 5 minutes to check-in. And satisfaction ratings correlate directly to rate and occupancy.
- A high-demand application that allows front-desk bypass but also requires you to "know your guest" can drive loyalty membership and direct booking. Convert just one roomnight per room per month from an OTA to direct booking and Mobile Key pays for itself FIVE TIMES OVER (if you select the right solution). And those converted OTA users are accustomed to paying in advance, which helps cash flow.
- A sticky application gets used by guests, which opens a communications conduit to the guests in your hotels.
Modern travelers are asking for amobile key!
An application that delivers value the guest wants and provides immediate gratificationis a sticky app – another recent study pegged the number of business travelers wanting to bypass the front desk at an astonishing 73%, with 63% preferring a mobile key. What would 73% of your core market wanting your App mean to your business?
All these options might not be right for your operation, but any ONE provides anexcellent return. The future of Mobile Key can be found in one place – BOOTH 1209 at the 2014 HITEC Exposition in Los Angeles June 24th, 25th and 26th.
To book an appointment at HITEC, email Peter Klebanoff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-310-4971.
OpenWays: We ARE Mobile Key
Barb Worcester (for OpenWays)
Phone: (440) 930-5770
OpenWays is a global solutions provider of mobile-based access-management and security solutions. With offices in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Seoul and in Europe, OpenWays provides technology solutions allowing for the secure issuance and delivery of access rights and keys processed via any cell phone operating on any network. The OpenWays solution is truly unique as it is built on the concept of credential dematerialization. The OpenWays mobile room key solution works on ALL the 7 billion cell phones in service in the world today. For more information, please contact Barb Worcester at +1 440 930-5770 or email email@example.com. More information can be found by visiting www.OpenWays.com.