Wyndham Hotel Group Adds 370,000 Sq. Ft. of Meeting Space in 2017
Hotel giant announces new Dolce Resort in Colorado Springs expanding meetings offerings for planners
LAS VEGAS -- Hospitality giant Wyndham Hotel Group today announced the latest addition to its expanding Dolce Hotels and Resorts brand: Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort. Growing Dolce's portfolio of leading group and meetings destinations, the resort represents a step forward in the company's mission to increase its diverse offerings for meeting planners.
The new addition becomes the fourth resort to join the Dolce brand since it was acquired by Wyndham Hotel Group. Focused on connectivity, creativity and nourishment, the brand's IACC-certified hotels offer creative spaces designed to inspire discovery. The new resort also builds on the company's escalating growth momentum in the group and meeting space: in 2017, Wyndham Hotel Group opened 415 hotels adding 150 new meeting spaces in the U.S. alone.
"Wyndham Hotel Group partners with meeting and event planners on every type of meeting – whether a major convention, an intimate board meeting or something in between – across our expansive portfolio," said Barry Goldstein, Wyndham Hotel Group's chief marketing officer. "As demand for meetings travel continues to grow, we will continue expanding our unsurpassed portfolio with unique and flexible spaces in the most coveted destinations."
Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort, offers 316 guest rooms and suites with mountain views across 200 scenic acres of southern Colorado landscape. A true Rocky Mountain retreat, the resort is home to more than 40,000 sq. ft. (3,700 square meters) of flexible event space alongside a 35-acre private lake and golf course. The hotel is owned by Dr. Kiran Patel, Florida philanthropist and frequent partner developing some of Wyndham Hotel Group's most impressive hotels including the striking Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach opened earlier this year.
New Spaces for Any Gathering
With meeting planners in mind, Wyndham Hotel Group continues the persistent growth of its upscale, lifestyle and meetings-focused brands. This year, the company has added more than 370,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and opened several notable additions to its portfolio:
- Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach, U.S.: Opened in January 2017, this striking two-tower resort offers direct Gulf Coast views and more than 22,000 sq. ft. (2,000 square meters) of event space – including the Dunes Ballroom, the largest in Pinellas County.
- Wye River, a Dolce Conference Center, U.S. : Home to two historic estates and 4,900 sq. ft. (455 square meters) of flexible meeting space, this notable hotel offers guests dedicated conference support, state-of-the-art amenities, farm-to-table cuisine and working space across the estate's landscape including two 18th-century English gardens.
- Wyndham Surabaya, Indonesia : This hotel, which opened in February 2017, is located in the heart of Surabaya's financial center. It offers 20,472 sq. ft. (1900 square meters) of meeting space across eight venues including a ballroom accommodating up to 1,000 attendees.
- Wyndham Beijing North , China: Opened on September 9, 2017, this hotel is the first under the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand in Beijing. It is home to more than 20,000 sq. ft. (1,940 sq. meters) of meeting space across six meeting rooms. The hotel's largest meeting room is approximately 11,700 sq. ft. (1,090 square meters).
- TRYP by Wyndham Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Opened in August 2017, this hotel boasts 650 rooms and 3,200 sq. ft. (300 square meters) of meeting space including NEST, an urban coworking space fusing creativity, technology and hospitality.
- Ramada Plaza Thraki, Greece: This beachside hotel offers captivating views of the Aegean Sea and the island of Samothraki alongside a conference hall featuring 10 meeting rooms totaling 20,450 sq. ft. (1900 square meters) of meeting space.
- Wyndham Loutraki Poseidon Resort and Ramada Loutraki Poseidon Resort, Greece: Together, these co-located hotels offer nine conference rooms with total capacity of 650 people and a stunning open-air amphitheater on the beach which can accommodate up to 900 people.
- Wyndham Garden Astana, Kazakhstan: This hotel offers four conference rooms at 10,500 sq. ft. (984 square meters) and is convenient to the Astana International Airport (TSE) and the Korme Exhibition Centre and EXPO 2017 Exhibition Center.
- Ramada Encore Kuwait City, Kuwait: Located in Sharq District, Kuwait City's financial hub, this recently opened hotel offers two multipurpose meeting rooms at 6,000 sq. ft. (565 square meters) as well as a rooftop swimming pool.
Wyndham Hotel Group has also curated a robust global pipeline of more than 1,200 hotels scheduled to open in 2018 and beyond. Planners can anticipate the following extraordinary additions to the Wyndham portfolio in the next several years:
- The Summit, A Dolce Hotel, U.S.: This new-construction hotel and conference center is located less than 10 miles from downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. Scheduled to open in 2018, the hotel will have an eight-story atrium; a rooftop garden; a health club; and 22,000 sq. ft. (2,044 square meters) of function space, including 16 individual meeting rooms.
- Wyndham Suzhou Fenhu , China: Anticipated to open later this month, this hotel offers 40,000 sq. ft. (3,735 square meters) of meeting space across 12 meeting rooms accommodating up to 1,500 people. The largest meeting room is 19,500 sq. ft. (1,820 square meters).
- Wyndham Grand Nevis, Nevis : When completed in 2019, this stunning resort will boast 170 sumptuous suites, condominiums and villas; a private beach club; five dining areas; infinity pools; more than 10,000 sq. ft. (929 square meters) of meeting space; a spa; and more.
- Wyndham Grand Ambergris Caye, Belize: This hotel will offer 7,000 sq. ft. (650 square meters) of meeting space and an onsite excursion center. It puts guests within just yards of Belize's Barrier Reef, the world's second largest coral reef system which runs the length of the country, and is just three miles from San Pedro, the island's only town.
- Ramada Islamabad, Pakistan: This 108-room, new-construction hotel is ideally located next to the Islamabad Club with a magnificent view of the Rawal Lake from its rooms and roof-top restaurant. The hotel features 16,619 sq. ft. (1,544 square meters) of meeting space comprising four meeting rooms accommodating up to 600 guests.
- Wyndham Doha West Bay, Qatar: Located in the heart of a thriving business, exhibition, conference and leisure district, this impressive 40-story high-rise will house both rooms and apartments alongside banquet, conference, ballroom and individual meeting spaces comprising 19,375 sq. ft. (1,800 square meters) all conveniently located on the 1st floor podium.
About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: WH) is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties, with over 9,000 hotels across approximately 90 countries on six continents. Through its network of 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveller, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 20 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is also a leading provider of hotel management services. The Company's award-winning Wyndham Rewards loyalty programme offers 84 million enrolled members the opportunity to redeem points at thousands of hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals globally. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.