Yes, You Can Really Book It: Booking.com Reveals the Ultimate 'Book the U.S.' List Featuring an Overnight Stay in the Empire State Building, and Other Iconic U.S. Locations Made Bookable for the First Time Ever
Epic stays in the Empire State Building, AmericanAirlines Arena, and a Nick Jonas Tour Bus are exclusive to the list, which highlights the coolest place to stay in every state
The Empire State Building in New York, New York
- You've seen it in the movies and millions of people from all over the world come to check out the international icon each year. For the first time ever, one lucky traveler and a guest will have the opportunity to book a one-of-a-kind overnight experience in The World's Most Famous Building. From dinner on the 86thfloor open-air observation deck to sunrise yoga overlooking the Manhattan skyline, the Booking.com Experience at the Empire State Building will provide an unforgettable memory in the city that never sleeps.
The Ultimate Nick Jonas Tour Bus in Los Angeles, California
- With an experience that is sure to make all their friends jealous, Booking.com is offering one lucky fan and their guest the opportunity to stay for a night they'll never forget on the Ultimate Nick Jonas Tour Bus. The Golden Globe and Grammy nominated singer/songwriter, actor and record producer has teamed up with Booking.com to give his fans the opportunity to make themselves comfortable in a bus fit for the pop star himself. The one-bedroom tour bus will feature some of Nick's favorite things, films he's starred in…and for a little while Nick Jonas himself. Yes, Nick will stop by for an in-person meet-and-greet with the lucky traveler who books this amazing experience.
AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, Florida
- A Booking.com suite inside the home of Miami's Favorite Basketball team can be yours for a night. The sprawling, second-level suite located in none other than the AmericanAirlines Arena will make hall-of-famers and season ticket holders jealous. Along with calling Miami's ultimate sports landmark home for the night and getting to watch a live NBA basketball game from the comfort of their couch with an uninterrupted court view, the stay includes a VIP tour and other surprises and delights.
All three of these incredible properties will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis and are open for customers across the globe to book.
In addition to these limited once-in-a-lifetime stays, the 'Book the U.S.' List includes crazy, cool properties across each U.S. state for every budget and type of trip travelers could imagine. With options ranging from national landmarks to caves, houseboats, train cars, tiny homes, castles, treehouses and more, everywhere from major cities to remote countryside, mountains and coasts.
A selection of listings from the full 'Book the U.S.' List include:
Borden Flats Lighthouse in Somerset, Massachusetts
- Stay the night to experience the life and role of a 19th century lighthouse keeper.
Kokopelli's Cave in Farmington, New Mexico
- Live like a 2018 caveman at this amazing and unique cave house.
The Vintages Trailer Resort in Dayton, Oregon
- What's better than a vintage wine? Stay at these special vintage trailers in the heart of Willamette Valley and you'll find out.
Under Canvas at Zion in Virgin, Utah
- Bring glamping to a whole new level by staying in these luxury tents under the stars near Zion.
The Kentucky Castle in Versailles, Kentucky
- Live like Versailles royalty…in Kentucky…at this beautiful castle.
Treehouse Stay in Loudonville, Ohio
- Fulfill your childhood dreams with this adult-friendly treehouse.
The popularity of travelers looking for unique places to stay and memorable experiences continues to rise. Recent Booking.com research found that in 2018, more than one in five Americans (22%) intends to stay in a unique location, such as a castle or a treehouse. Globally, this goes up to over a third of travelers (37%)*. American travelers are also continuing to prioritize experiences over material items when on vacation (64%) and 49% have a travel bucket list.**
"At Booking.com our mission is to empower people to experience the world and we continue to find new ways to do that," said Gillian Tans, CEO of Booking.com. "Our 'Book the U.S.' List aims to inspire travelers to go beyond the hotel and book a place they've only imagined staying at – or somewhere so epic they never thought possible."
Travelers who want to experience the 'Book the U.S.' List firsthand and are up for a challenge can also enter to win the ultimate dream job as Booking.com's first "Chief Booking Officer." The chosen CBO, announced in late March, will win $50,000 and be tasked with traveling to as many of the 'Book the U.S.' List properties as they can within a 50-day period.
To enter and to explore all the unique properties in one place visit booking.com/BooktheUS. Travelers can check out all the amazing places to stay with the site's interactive map and when they're ready, can easily Book the U.S..
Press Office Booking.com
Phone: +31 (0)20 709 4743