W Hotels Releases Mukbang-Style Video Starring Queer Eye’s Antoni Porowski
Mouth-Watering Mukbang Celebrates Renovation of W Washington DC; SIP & SLURP In-Room Dining Menu Now Available for W Guests to Feast and Film Their Own Scrumptious Shorts
WHO: Antoni Porowski, star of award-winning Netflix series Queer Eye and the iconic, playfully luxe hotel brand, W Hotels Worldwide.
WHAT: Mukbang videos are all the rage, with millions of views across the globe tuning in to watch tablescapes of crispy, crunchy, slurp-worthy food. Antoni Porowski teamed up with W Hotels to film his own while in his suite at W Washington DC - which just underwent a $50mm renovation. Watch as he chows down on a decadent spread of 'grammable eats (from lobster tails to woodfired pizzas) - all part of the hotel's new menus from in-room to rooftop. Watch now here.
- Aloha Y'All: Tasso ham, caramelized pineapple, tomato, basil, mozzarella
- Farmhouse Quaker: Smoked mozzarella, potato, red onions, crispy duck, farm egg
- Cherry Burger: ½ lb house blend creekstone farms beef, red onion marmalade, raclette, dijonaise
- The Big Belly Burger: Double beef patties, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, pickles & W1 sauce
- Old School Surf & Turf: Filet Mignon, butter poached lobster tail, steak fries
- Cheese & Charcuterie Board: Pickles, mustard, breads, crackers, compote
- XL Crispy French Fries: Truffle Aioli
- Carrot Cake Tower: Sweet carrot sauce, streusel
- Just Like Grandma's Cherry Pie: Served on cast iron with Vanilla Ice Cream
*See addendum below for a full list of what Antoni ordered to his room including lobster, steak, burgers, fries and 10+ dips.
WHERE: The video was shot at W Washington DC where the newly revealed renovation has transformed every room and space, from floor to rooftop including all 326 guest rooms, The Living Room, POV (iconic rooftop bar) and new food and beverage venues: Cherry and Corner Office.
WHY: Why not?! W always pushes the envelope and embraces what's new and next for its trendsetting and seeking guests. Mukbang is the perfect genre to celebrate the mouth-watering new menus at this iconic hotel.
Take it from Antoni: "Mukbang is by definition indulgent and the menus at W Washington DC are exactly that. Food is universal - no matter where you are in the world, everyone loves a good crunch or dip. Trying out this wild menu (ginger aioli anyone?!) for the playful fans of W Hotels is a super fun, over-the-top way to share a meal. No future room service order of mine will ever live up to this!"