SEATTLE, Wash. – Columbia Hospitality, Inc., a hospitality management and consulting company, today announced the launch of Columbia Clean, a new standard of excellence in health, hygiene, safety and sanitation in the hospitality industry. Developed with Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and infection-prevention solutions and services, Columbia Clean is set to deliver an industry-defining level of cleanliness across Columbia Hospitality-managed properties in sev en states. As a result of an elevated process that keeps human health and safety top of mind, Columbia guests will enjoy an even cleaner stay that instills peace of mind at each step of their experience.
Columbia Clean launches on May 20 and spans Columbia Hospitality's managed hotel properties, restaurants, golf courses, conference centers, distinctive venues and high-rise residential properties. Its genesis is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and builds upon the already stringent standards of hygiene and sanitation at Columbia properties, where rigorous protocols are currently in use. The goal of Columbia Clean is to afford guests an exceptional experience while also providing comfort and confidence in a clean environment.
"We're thrilled to partner with Ecolab to offer Columbia Clean, as it builds on the best practices and protocols we've always had and have been enhancing over the last several months," said John Oppenheimer, CEO of Columb ia Hospitality. "This allows our team members and our customers to focus on enjoying the exceptional experiences we offer without needing to worry about the cleanliness of the area around them."
Ecolab provides science-based cleaning and disinfecting programs and protocols to several industries throughout the world, including healthcare and hospitality.
This partnership will elevate Columbia Hospitality's health, hygiene, sanitation and safety-related initiatives, including the following elements:
- Utilizing highly effective and sustainable Ecolab products to clean and disinfect throughout the properties.
- Utilizing training and procedures as recommended by Ecolab and the CDC.
- Increasing the frequency and intensity of cleaning and disinfecting high-touch, high-traffic areas at every property, such as light switches, door handles, remotes, elevator buttons, thermostats, etc.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing culinary tools and kitchen work areas, along with team members wearing personal protective equipment, sanitizing POS systems between uses, etc.
- Enhancing cleaning and sanitation standards in all guestrooms, event spaces, common areas, heart-of-house spaces, etc.
- Implementing physical-distancing layouts, markers and signage in restaurants and bars, common areas, meeting and event spaces, and amenities.
- Decluttering paper and other amenities, such as pens, directories, magazines, scorecards, etc. and replacing them with digital options or providing them upon request.
- Increasing the number of customer-accessible sanitizing stations at primary entrances and high-traffic locations, like elevators and lobbies.
- Implementing innovative cleaning technologies, such as modern electrostatic sprayers and ultraviolet light, to sanitize surfaces and objects.
- Implementing low- and no-touch golf experiences, including the eliminatio n of shared water stations, ball washers, bunker rakes, etc.
- Launching Columbia Clean Teams, whose members are thoroughly trained on health, hygiene, safety and sanitization standards and responsible for upholding them.
To learn more about health and safety precautions at Columbia Hospitality-managed properties, visit ColumbiaClean.com.
About Columbia Hospitality
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. (Columbia) is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company that was established in 1995 by founder and CEO John Oppenheimer. Columbia's growing portfolio includes award-winning hotels, conference centers, distinctive venues, private and public golf facilities, restaurants and bars, and residential properties. Columbia creates exc eptional experiences for guests and team members while achieving phenomenal results for property owners. With over 25 years of proven success in management, Columbia has also consulted on over 200 hospitality projects worldwide, delivering a high level of customized service to partners and investors. For more information about Columbia and to view the entire portfolio, visit www.columbiahospitality.com.