Global tourism & leisure industry deals total $8.34bn in Q2 2020
Total tourism & leisure industry deals for Q2 2020 worth $8.34bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData's deals database.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 49% over the last four-quarter average with 177 deals against the average of 347 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $3.3bn.
Tourism & leisure industry deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five tourism & leisure deals accounted for 69.4% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five tourism & leisure deals stood at $5.79bn, against the overall value of $8.34bn recorded for the month.
The top five tourism & leisure industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Evolution Gaming Group's $2.32bn acquisition of NetEnt
- The $1.2bn private equity deal with Expedia Group by Apollo Global Management and Silver Lake Partners
- Silver Lake Management and Sixth Street Partners $1bn private equity deal with Airbnb
- The $876.42m private equity deal with Sun International by Nueva Inversiones Pacifico Sur
- Broadscale Group, Ervington Investments- Cyprus, Exor International, 83North Venture Capital, Hearst Ventures, Macquarie Capital (Europe), Mori Trust, Pitango Growth, Planven Investments, RiverPark Ventures and Shell Ventures' venture financing of Via Transportation for $400m.
4,000 of the world's largest companies, including over 70% of FTSE 100 and 60% of Fortune 100 companies, make more timely and better business decisions thanks to GlobalData's unique data, expert analysis and innovative solutions, all in one platform. GlobalData's mission is to help our clients decode the future to be more successful and innovative across a range of industries, including the healthcare, consumer, retail, financial, technology and professional services sectors.