STR: U.K. weekly hotel performance update
Each week, STR analysts provide a deep-dive into U.K. hotel performance. The most recent video, highlighting performance for the week of 20-26 July, is linked below.
- Occupancy improved slightly week over week, with performance peaking on Saturday.
- ADR was down 32% year over year, but that percentage change softened from the previous week.
- Weekday occupancy showed signs of improvement.
- Leisure markets outperformed major city markets.
- Plymouth saw the highest occupancy level for the week (66%), followed by Blackpool (61%). Dublin, however, saw the lowest occupancy level (21%).
All of STR's COVID-19 analysis can be found here.
STR provides premium data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights for global hospitality sectors. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 15 countries with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, an international headquarters in London, and an Asia Pacific headquarters in Singapore. STR was acquired in October 2019 by CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP), the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces. For more information, please visit str.com and costargroup.com.