Cloudbeds’ 2nd Sentiment Survey of Independent Hoteliers reveals 58% are now open, yet sentiment remains cautious
1,500+ independent owners and operators in over 100 countries share their outlook and sentiment for the lodging industry
Cloudbeds, a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for more than 20,000 hotels, hostels, and vacation rentals across the globe, released the results of a follow-up sentiment survey with responses from 1,500+ independent owners and operators across over 100 countries. The first sentiment survey was conducted in May 2020.
Ratio of closed vs open properties
- 58% of properties are open.
- 80% of all properties expect to be open by December 2020.
- Still, general sentiment, including from open properties, has decreased since May.
- North America, Western Europe, and Oceania properties responded with moderate optimism about the remainder of 2020
- Latin American, European, and Southeast Asian properties responded with a sentiment that tended towards negativity
- Sentiment in developed economies tends to be much more positive than in developing markets.
Trends By Property Type
- Vacation Rentals, Motels, Flat Hotels, and resorts have a mostly positive outlook.
- Resort properties have shown the biggest change in sentiment, going from a negative outlook to a more positive one since the survey in May.
- Hotels and B&B's have a neutral to a positive outlook.
- Hostels, Guest Houses, and group-dependent properties lean more pessimistic.
Cloudbeds will continue to monitor key indicators of recovery across all markets where they have customers. Learn more here.
Cloudbeds is the fastest growing hospitality management software suite in the world, providing tools to manage properties of all types and sizes - building revenue, driving bookings, and increasing operational efficiencies. Trusted by more than 20,000 hotels, hostels, inns, and alternative accommodations in more than 155 countries, the Cloudbeds suite includes a powerful PMS, a leading Channel Manager, and a conversion-driven Booking Engine. Through access to 300+ integrations available via the marketplace, Cloudbeds helps properties unify their management, reservations, and booking systems, grow revenue, and automate workflows with confidence and ease. Founded in 2012, Cloudbeds has expanded to more than 400 people with local teams in 40 countries.
For more information, visit www.cloudbeds.com.