Each week, STR analysts provide a deep-dive into U.S. hotel performance. The most recent video, highlighting performance for 30 August through 5 September, is linked below.
- U.S. weekly occupancy increased slightly to 49.4%.
- Hotel demand grew to 18 million room nights sold (+500,000 week over week).
- Saturday occupancy was at 69%, which was only down 2.6% year over year.
- Three of the six classes reached 50% occupancy: Economy (55.9%), Midscale (52.1%) and Upper Midscale (52.0%).
- Among the markets, Fort Meyers, FL, saw the highest weekend occupancy increase from the prior week (+61.0%).
All of STR's COVID-19 analysis can be found here.
STR provides premium data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights for the global hospitality industry. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 15 countries with a North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, an international headquarters in London, and an Asia Pacific headquarters in Singapore. STR was acquired in October 2019 by CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP), the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces. For more information, please visit str.com and costargroup.com.