Cornell Webinar: The Future of Air Travel: Managing COVID-19 While Bringing Travelers Back
This webinar was recorded on October 13, 2020
The airline industry has been rocked by the COVID-19 pandemic. With fewer people willing or even allowed to travel by air, demand has drastically decreased — and as a result, so have the number of daily flights offered by commercial airlines. In addition to the diminished interest, the airline industry is also facing new regulations as well as a change in booking patterns.
How can airlines best adapt in the short term and how does the long-term prognosis look for the industry? Most importantly, how can airlines lure passengers back while also ensuring their safety? These questions and more will be addressed in this panel on the future of air travel.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The current state of the airline industry along with possible paths to recovery
- How long COVID-19 is likely to impact the industry and what the immediate next steps are for managing the challenges caused by the pandemic
- The technological developments required to rebuild consumer confidence in air travel
- How airlines are leveraging loyalty programs, brand trust, and insurance to bring travelers back
- How the air travel experience will evolve and what impact these changes will have on the structure of the industry
Cornell Webinar: The Future of Air Travel: Managing COVID-19 While Bringing Travelers Back is organized by