New HSMAI Workshop Teaches Tactics for Employing, Maximizing Digital Resources
Session to be Held in Conjunction with HEDNA Conference
Geared towards business operators, sales and marketing professionals, e-commerce and distribution executives, and those responsible for an organization’s web content, this digital workshop will provide travel industry professionals with several tactics they will be able to implement right away. Attendees will also leave with key thoughts for their long-term business planning with regards to the strategic use of digital resources and the maximization of their results.
“In this workshop, we will focus on three or four core pieces and how to use them, how to monetize them, how to distribute them and how to make them social,” said Atkins. “We will really get into the nitty-gritty of ‘what can I do?’ and ‘how I can take them home and implement them?’”
The program includes six modules focusing on strategies and tactics to ensure maximization of return in customer relationship management (CRM), digital marketing, distribution, e-commerce and revenue management programs. Modules include:
- Section 1: What is digital? What is e-commerce? What does it all mean for our industry in 2010 and beyond?
- Section 2: Blocking and tackling in digital – OTAs, online marketing, and performance marketing (non-social media)
- Section 3: SEO - What can you do to help your properties get the best possible placement within search engines even if you do not control or own your websites?
- Section 4: How to use social media - What is it all about? What can you do with social media? Who are the players that might matter?
- Section 5: Video - How can you maximize your assets? How can you enable your employees, guests and prospects to adopt your video?
- Section 6: Distribution, marketing, sales, revenue management, and digital – All session leaders will offer their input on how to put it all together.
Key subject matter experts will join workshop leader, David Atkins for the sessions. Additional speakers include:
- Eric Richmond, Managing Director, Expert SEO Consulting
- Mike Crosson, Social Media and Interactive Advertising Industry Veteran, and Publisher, Insweb Corporation
- An industry-leading video professional
Sponsors for the workshop include Pegasus Solutions, Inc., Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Vizergy, HEDNA, and media partner Hsyndicate.
To register for “Digital Strategy for Travel Marketing & Distribution,” or for more information, visit .
Phone: +1 404-832-7711
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry"s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI ROCET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org, www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
HSMAI is the leading association of sales and marketing professionals in the hospitality industry. With over 7,000 members in 35 countries, HSMAI is a global network of individuals, chapters, businesses and organizations. All industry segments are represented including hotels, resorts, airlines, cruise ships, car rental agencies, restaurants, attractions and theme parks, convention and visitors bureaus, destination management companies and reservation sales organizations.
As the regional chapter for the metropolitan area, HSMAI Greater New York serves a community of over 500 hospitality professionals who are committed to the highest standards of service and ongoing professional development.
Membership is open to anyone in hospitality sales, marketing or management as well as travel and tourism educators and service providers who support the industry. HSMAI continues to lead the industry by providing education and market research to its members.