New HSMAI Workshop Teaches Tactics for Employing, Maximizing Digital Resources
Session to be Held in Conjunction with HEDNA Conference
Recognizing the continued opportunity for growing travel business via digital marketing, including social media, distribution, and e-commerce, the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) will offer a half-day workshop, Digital Strategy for Travel Marketing & Distribution, on Monday, Dec. 7 at The Wynn in Las Vegas, Nev.
Geared towards business operators, sales and marketing professionals, e-commerce and distribution executives, and those responsible for an organization’s web content, this digital workshop will provide travel industry professionals with several tactics they will be able to implement right away. Attendees will also leave with key thoughts for their long-term business planning with regards to the strategic use of digital resources and the maximization of their results.
“In this workshop, we will focus on three or four core pieces and how to use them, how to monetize them, how to distribute them and how to make them social,” said Atkins. “We will really get into the nitty-gritty of ‘what can I do?’ and ‘how I can take them home and implement them?’”
The program includes six modules focusing on strategies and tactics to ensure maximization of return in customer relationship management (CRM), digital marketing, distribution, e-commerce and revenue management programs. Modules include:
- Section 1: What is digital? What is e-commerce? What does it all mean for our industry in 2010 and beyond?
- Section 2: Blocking and tackling in digital – OTAs, online marketing, and performance marketing (non-social media)
- Section 3: SEO - What can you do to help your properties get the best possible placement within search engines even if you do not control or own your websites?
- Section 4: How to use social media - What is it all about? What can you do with social media? Who are the players that might matter?
- Section 5: Video - How can you maximize your assets? How can you enable your employees, guests and prospects to adopt your video?
- Section 6: Distribution, marketing, sales, revenue management, and digital – All session leaders will offer their input on how to put it all together.
Key subject matter experts will join workshop leader, David Atkins for the sessions. Additional speakers include:
- Eric Richmond, Managing Director, Expert SEO Consulting
- Mike Crosson, Social Media and Interactive Advertising Industry Veteran, and Publisher, Insweb Corporation
- An industry-leading video professional
Sponsors for the workshop include Pegasus Solutions, Inc., Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Vizergy, HEDNA, and media partner Hsyndicate.
To register for “Digital Strategy for Travel Marketing & Distribution,” or for more information, visit .
Phone: +1 404-832-7711
HSMAI is a global organization of sales, marketing, and revenue management professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. With a strong focus on education, HSMAI leads the way in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry. Operating as a leading voice for both hospitality and for sales, marketing, and revenue management disciplines, HSMAI connects its members with customers. Founded in the United States in 1927, HSMAI is membership organization comprising 5,000 members from 35 countries and chapters worldwide. HSMAI operates regionally around the globe via Regional boards of directors and staff. There are three regions: the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe, and a chapter in the Middle East. Each region has geographic chapters and signature programs and services for association members. HSMAI has a Global board which is made up of delegates from each Region.