Aloft Hotels Unveils Voice-Activated Hotel Rooms
- Guests Can Control Temperature, Lighting and More Simply By Using "Hey Siri"
- Aloft Boston Seaport and Aloft Santa Clara Offer Guests Access to In-Room iPad
"Forget the phrase 'at the touch of your fingertips.' Today's early adopter, hyper-connected global traveler wants a level of personalization unlike ever before, and that means being able to control their hotel experience with the sound of their voice," said Brian McGuinness, Global Brand Leader, Aloft Hotels. "We're thrilled to be the first hotel brand to bring voice-activation to our guests in this way, using Siri to control room temperature, lighting and more during their stay."
"At Aloft, we are constantly pushing the envelope, our imaginations and the adaptation of technology to reinvent the hotel stay of today and tomorrow," said Sarah Downing, Vice President, Global Guest Initiatives & Innovation, Aloft Hotels. "We love working with companies like DigiValet to help bring our visions to life. The new Aloft Voice Activated Hotel Rooms are going to change the way that our guests interact, literally, with their room during their stay with us. It's the latest way Aloft is changing the way we all travel."
When guests arrive, they will launch a custom Aloft app on their in-room iPad to control various aspects of their voice-activated room. A personalized welcome screen will advise guests on how to set up their room and use their own voice with "Hey Siri." Each iPad also offers a simple tutorial to guide guests through the setup process and answer any questions they may have.
Here is a sampling of what the smartest hotel room in the world can do:
- Control Temperature - Wake up hot at 2 am? Simply ask Siri to adjust the temperature on the Ecobee HomeKit-enabled thermostat by saying "Hey Siri, cool the room" to your desired setting.
- Adjust Lighting - Watching a movie or reading in bed? Use Homekit-enabled Philips Hue lights to select preset lighting options for every mood including: Re:set (standard lighting); Re:lax (evening); Re:view (movie theater); and Re:vive (morning). Just ask Siri to turn on the lights, turn off the lights, or simply say good morning.
- "Set the Mood (Music) - Singing in the shower but want a new track? Say "Hey Siri, put on my morning playlist." To use this feature, guests must be signed into their iTunes account on the iPad. Music plays through the guest's personal device.
- Explore Local Attractions - Need a virtual concierge? Just ask "Hey Siri, what are some attractions near me?" so you can navigate the area like a local.
The new Aloft Voice-Activated Hotel Rooms also allow guests to browse the internet, check the weather and more. At the end of each stay, all iPads are reset and all personal preferences are removed from the device.
The results of "Project: Jetson" are the latest innovation from the team of dreamers and doers at Aloft Hotels and were brought to life in collaboration with DigiValet, the iPad-based guest room solution for luxury hotels. Always ahead of the curve, other tech-forward offerings from Aloft have included: Botlr, the world's first robotic butler, currently employed at Aloft Cupertino and Aloft Silicon Valley; TiGi ("text it, get it") the world's first Emoji-only room service menu; and SPG Keyless, which allows guests to utilize their smartphones as room keys.
Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in some 100 countries and approximately 188,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®,Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, and Element®, along with an expanded partnership withDesign Hotels™. The company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information and stay connected @starwoodbuzz on Twitterand Instagram and facebook.com/Starwood.
Starwood Hotels &