Industry Update
External Article10 July 2019

Regent Wants to Reclaim Its Crown Under IHG

With new hotel brands popping up every day, it can be a challenge to establish name recognition among consumers. That’s one challenge InterContinental Hotels Group doesn’t have to deal with as it works to revive the Regent brand.

share this article
1 min
skift.com

Regent Hotels & Resorts may be the most prestigious luxury hotel brand you've never gotten a handle on, but InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) hopes to change that.

Since IHG purchased a 51 percent stake in Regent last year — with the right to acquire the remaining 49 percent interest starting in 2026 — the company has been working on ways to reimagine the nearly 50-year-old brand and to spread its flag around the world.

There are currently only six Regent hotels open in five countries. IHG's intention, however, is to grow the brand to more than 40 hotels worldwide. Four properties are already in the pipeline, including new builds in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Vietnam and a reflag in Hong Kong (more on that in a minute).

Read the full article at skift Inc.

Related Brand

Regent

Guests have made grand entrances through the doors of our Regent hotels for nearly half a century, their finest moments part of our past. Born in 1970, our collection of modern hotels and resorts are home to stays both serene and sensational.
brand information
Latest News
Advertisements