This month, Preferred Hotels & Resorts conducted a global future travel survey with members of the brand's loyalty program - I Prefer Hotel Rewards - inviting them to share their aspirations and plans for future travel when restrictions are lifted or eased.
Nearly 4,000 I Prefer members opted to participate, and the results reveal an incredibly positive attitude towards travel for the second half of 2020 - just the type of news we all want to hear:
- More than 50% of respondents say they'll book a trip in 2020, and most will do so as soon as travel restrictions are lifted. They want to travel.
- 75% of respondents plan to travel with family, having spent so much time apart. They are ready to reunite with loved ones.
- More than half of respondents intend to travel regionally or domestically, with over 50% of Americans planning to stay in the United States for their next trip. They are eager to explore their own backyards.
- Despite a strong desire to stay regional, over 40% of respondents still want to travel to another continent. They want to see the world.
- More than 80% will travel by air. They are ready to fly.
- What do these responses ultimately mean? They Believe in Travel.
About Preferred Hotel Group
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest independent hotel brand, representing more than 700 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 80 countries. Through its five global collections, Preferred Hotels & Resorts connects discerning travelers to the singular luxury hospitality experience that meets their life and style preferences for each occasion. Every property within the portfolio maintains the high-quality standards and unparalleled service levels required by the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance Program. The I Prefer™ hotel rewards program, Preferred Residences℠, Preferred Pride℠, and Preferred Golf™ offer valuable benefits for travelers seeking a unique experience. For more information, please visit PreferredHotels.com, StayBeyondGreen.com, HistoricHotels.org, PHGConsulting.com, and BeyondGreenTravel.com.
About I Prefer Hotel Rewards
Launched in 2013, the I Prefer Hotel Rewards program from Preferred Hotel Group extends points for multiple redemption options and other complimentary benefits to members upon eligible stays at more than 650 participating hotels and resorts worldwide. In addition to earning points for eligible room nights, members receive additional benefits based on their tier status. I Prefer also offers a free mobile app, available on Apple and Android devices, which allows members to search and book hotel stays, easily redeem Reward Certificates, and connect directly with their host hotel during a stay. Currently, more than four million travelers have signed up for membership.