This month, Preferred Hotels & Resorts conducted a global future travel survey with members of the brand's loyalty program - I Prefer Hotel Rewards - inviting them to share their aspirations and plans for future travel when restrictions are lifted or eased.
Nearly 4,000 I Prefer members opted to participate, and the results reveal an incredibly positive attitude towards travel for the second half of 2020 - just the type of news we all want to hear:
- More than 50% of respondents say they'll book a trip in 2020, and most will do so as soon as travel restrictions are lifted. They want to travel.
- 75% of respondents plan to travel with family, having spent so much time apart. They are ready to reunite with loved ones.
- More than half of respondents intend to travel regionally or domestically, with over 50% of Americans planning to stay in the United States for their next trip. They are eager to explore their own backyards.
- Despite a strong desire to stay regional, over 40% of respondents still want to travel to another continent. They want to see the world.
- More than 80% will travel by air. They are ready to fly.
- What do these responses ultimately mean? They Believe in Travel.
About Preferred Travel Group
Owned and operated by the Ueberroth Family, Preferred Travel Group is the parent company of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, Beyond Green, Historic Hotels of America, Historic Hotels Worldwide, PTG Consulting, and Beyond Green Travel, representing more than 1,100 hotels, resorts, and residences across 80 countries, in addition to a global portfolio of destination marketing organizations and tourist boards. With more than 250 seasoned travel professionals situated across 20 countries, the company connects independent hotels, hospitality companies, and destinations to key markets worldwide through strategic branding, sales, integrated marketing, revenue management, distribution services, and other consultancy services. Fueled by its brand promise, Believe in Travel, the company and its hotel and travel brands champion an unwavering belief in the transformative power of travel and its ability to enrich lives, inspire a greater respect for the Earth, and expand hearts and minds to other cultures and ways of living.
For more information visit PreferredTravelGroup.com.