Hilton CleanStay Brings New Standard of Cleanliness to Greater China
Global program with Dettol maker RB implemented across all 18 Hilton brands worldwide
SHANGHAI, China - Today, Hilton announced that the company has implemented a new program to deliver an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection, across all its properties worldwide. Hilton CleanStay, created in collaboration with Dettol maker RB and Mayo Clinic, includes new procedures to help Hilton guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay.
"For more than a century, our top priority has been the safety and security of our guests and Team Members. As the hospitality industry evolves to address travelers' changing expectations - especially in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic - Hilton CleanStay is the latest evolution of our commitment to providing the peace of mind and confidence our guests need to travel freely, while protecting our Team Members," said Chris Nassetta, President and CEO of Hilton.
"Special attention to personal health and safety is absolutely critical during this time. With the Hilton CleanStay program implemented across all our properties in Greater China, we are well-prepared to welcome guests with an elevated standard of hygiene, coupled with our exceptional, signature Hilton hospitality once again," said Qian Jin, President, Greater China and Mongolia, Hilton.
Hilton CleanStay from Check-in to Check-out
- Online: Even before they travel, guests will find a new landing page at Hilton.com/cleanstay which will detail what they can expect during their stay. In addition, property websites will be updated to indicate that the new cleaning protocols and procedures have been implemented.
- The Lobby: Physical distancing measures will be in place directing guests on how to move through the check-in and check-out process in a safe way.
- The Guest Room: The first point of contact with the guest room will be with the Hilton CleanStay room seal, placed on the door to indicate that the room has been thoroughly cleaned. The room will have extra disinfection of the most frequently touched guests room areas - light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more.
- The Public Spaces: There will be increased frequency of cleaning public areas. For instance, fitness centers may be closed for cleaning multiple times daily. Equipment will be properly adjusted and placed to enable physical distancing, and the number of guests in the center may be limited. Pool and pool areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day, and physical distancing measures will be in place. Stations with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available throughout the property at primary entrances and in key high traffic areas.
- Food and Beverage: In hotel restaurants, tables and chairs will be spaced to ensure proper physical distancing. Biodegradable, disposable dishes/utensils will be available upon request. During breakfast, restaurants will offer a range of options that include buffets (where available), à la carte service as well as grab & go options. When ordering room service, guests will have the option of experiencing contactless delivery.
The scientific expertise of RB is second-to-none and the use of its products assures consumers around the world of a safer stay. According to recent findings of a study published by the American Journal of Infection Control, the active ingredients in Dettol are effective in breaking the chain of infection of COVID-19.
"Protecting people from illness is core to RB and our global germ prevention portfolio," said Rahul Kadyan, EVP, Global Business Solutions, RB. "Our brands are built on trust, scientific efficacy and our desire to educate consumers around the world to help break the chain of infection. This is an ideal partnership for RB to help drive the highest standards in hygiene and give consumers confidence to enjoy the Hilton experience."
Throughout the development of Hilton CleanStay, Mayo Clinic has offered their medical expertise to advise Hilton on training methods, cleaning protocols and quality assurance. Additionally, Mayo Clinic has advised on new technologies and methods from the healthcare industry that can benefit the cleanliness and disinfection programs at Hilton hotels.
"Personal safety is extremely critical as we re-open business and recreational activities around the globe," said Stacey Rizza, M.D., a Mayo Clinic infectious disease specialist. "We are proud to bring Mayo Clinic's expertise and knowledge to the COVID-19 response on a national and global scale. Mayo is honored to work with Hilton staff and to advise them on the program protocol and training."
Today, Hilton also introduces Hilton EventReady with CleanStay, a global, industry-leading cleanliness and customer service program specific to meetings and events which will address safe group travel practices and evolve today's event experience. Shaped by extensive research and feedback, each meeting and event experience will be backed by Hilton hospitality provided by dedicated Team Members who aim to overdeliver on client expectations ranging from event professionals to attendees, from booking to billing.
"Meeting and events are a big part of the day to day operations in our hotels across Asia Pacific and we know event planners are even more mindful now about the minute aspects that impact the health and safety of the attendees. It is absolutely imperative that we are ready to meet the needs of our partners and clients when they choose to hold their events at our hotels and Hilton EventReady with CleanStay is our commitment to them that they are in safe hands with us, regardless of the size or scale of their meetings. We are ready to welcome them with the same level of hospitality Hilton has been known for over the past century: with an elevated experience that gives them peace of mind and confidence throughout the process," said Alexandra Jaritz, Senior Vice President, Brand Management, Asia Pacific, Hilton.
The key tenets of the Hilton EventReady with CleanStay program include:
- Cleanliness Protocols: The program expands on the elevated sanitation standards of the recently-announced Hilton CleanStay program, addressing every touch point of the meeting experience. This includes room seals for guest and meeting rooms, sanitizing stations in public areas and meeting spaces and an EventReady Room Checklist.
Book-to-Billing Flexibility: Understanding the importance of flexibility, Hilton Teams will work hand-in-hand with customers to align on shared objectives, providing:
- Flexible pricing, space options and contract terms;
- Responsive offers to meet the needs of customers, like simplified agreements for small meetings;
- Hilton EventReady Playbook, which delivers expert guidance and curated resources for solutions, such as Hybrid Meetings that seamlessly combine on-site attendees with those in remote locations, Room Sets and Creative Networking.
Safe and Socially Responsible Solutions: To responsibly host meetings and events, Hilton Team Members will partner with their clients to achieve the meeting's objectives while addressing both health and environmental concerns.
This includes presenting creative physical distancing meeting sets and meal service, developing inspiring food & beverage menus and sharing environmental impact solutions measured by LightStay, Hilton's award-winning corporate responsibility measurement platform.
Elements of Hilton CleanStay will greet guests from the moment they enter the hotel and will be present throughout every aspect of the experience, ensuring the well-being of guests and Team Members without compromising the hospitality Hilton is known for.
As a part of Hilton's new standard of hotel cleanliness and sanitization, training was designed to ensure all Team Members are aware of the steps they can take to keep themselves and others healthy while at work. During a stay, guests may encounter Team Members using creative ways to welcome them and demonstrate their hospitality while wearing protective equipment and staying respectful of physical distance.
For more information on Hilton EventReady with CleanStay visit www.meetings.hilton.com/eventready.
RB* is driven by its purpose to protect, heal and nurture in a relentless pursuit of a cleaner, healthier world. We fight to make access to the highest-quality hygiene, wellness and nourishment a right, not a privilege, for everyone. RB is proud to have a stable of trusted household brands found in households in more than 190 countries. These include Enfamil, Nutramigen, Nurofen, Strepsils, Gaviscon, Mucinex, Durex, Scholl, Clearasil, Lysol, Dettol, Veet, Harpic, Cillit Bang, Mortein, Finish, Vanish, Calgon, Woolite, Air Wick and more. 20 million RB products a day are bought by consumers globally.
RB's passion to put consumers and people first, to seek out new opportunities, to strive for excellence in all that we do, and to build shared success with all our partners, while doing the right thing, always is what guides the work of our 40,000+ diverse and talented colleagues worldwide. For more information visit www.rb.com.
*RB is the trading name of the Reckitt Benckiser group of companies
About Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit organization committed to innovation in clinical practice, education and research, and providing compassion, expertise and answers to everyone who needs healing. Visit the Mayo Clinic News Network for additional Mayo Clinic news and An Inside Look at Mayo Clinic for more information about Mayo.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,700 properties and more than 1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2021 World"s Best Workplaces list, and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for five consecutive years. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the nearly 123 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can"t buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.