Remington Hotels Leads First Hybrid Meetings Education Forum
Joined by Partners JSAV, AllSeated, PURE Rooms and Videolicious, January 13 Event Presented Remington’s Updated Processes, Best Practices and Creative Resources for Hosting Events and Conferences
On January 13, Remington Hotels hosted its first virtual "Hybrid Meetings Education Forum" attended by over 200 attendees. The event, co-hosted by several of Remington's leading partners in the meetings and event space, showcased Remington's updated processes and best practices, while also reinforcing its commitment to helping meeting planners navigate hosting events in response to the new normal.
- Sloan Dean, CEO & President, Remington Hotels
- Raul Moronta, Chief Commercial Officer, Remington Hotels
- Paula Zeller, Divisional VP of Sales & Marketing, Remington Hotels
- Don Falgoust, VP of Food & Beverage, Remington Hotels
- Andrew Rehwinkel, CEO, Pure Wellness
- Derrick Suminski, VP of Business Development, JSAV
- Heather Lee, Executive VP & Chief Strategy Officer, AUVSI
- Jennifer Rizzi, Digital Transformation Expert, Videolicious
- Amanda Loucks, Director of Sales & Marketing, Beverly Hills Marriott
- Bruce Mangual, Reginal Director of Catering, Remington Hotels
- Lynne DiFrancesco, Director of Sales & Marketing, Hilton Costa Mesa
During the event, attendees learned more about Remington's new approach to meetings and events, including:
- Hybrid Meeting Resources // New technology from partners such as JSAV which is helping clients host seamless hybrid in-person + virtual meetings.
- Video Communication // Attendees received a demonstration of the current video communication platform Remington uses in partnership with Videolicious that assists meeting planners with communication to guests pre-arrival and post meeting.
- Social Distancing Tools //How partners like AllSeated are helping groups safely host in-person meetings.
- Food & Beverage // Remington's new creative approaches to F&B, menus, and banquets.
- Benefits of Pure Wellness Rooms // How Pure Wellness Rooms differs from normal hotel guest rooms.
"At Remington, we believe in the power of connecting, and have put in place new event checklists, meeting protocols and cleaning standards to provide our planners with an exceptional experience and peace of mind. We've also rolled out measures to cater to hybrid meetings, allowing local attendees to meet at the hotels and implementing new technology to bring in those that are remote," said Sloan Dean, Remington Hotels' President and CEO.
"We are confident that through strong partnerships with our planners, we can address their objectives in a safe, clean environment in whichever format they choose. As our world continues to change, Remington has developed the expertise to collaborate effectively in the in-person and hybrid environment."
Based on polling during the event, attendees are optimistic about the future of meetings and 69% percent said they plan to host a hybrid event in 2021 and beyond.
About Remington Hotels
Remington, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ashford Inc. (NYSE American: AINC), is a dynamic and growing hotel management company providing top quality service and expertise in property management. Founded in 1968, the hospitality group has grown into a strong, industry-leading service provider and today manages 86 hotels in 23 states across 19 brands, including 13 independent and boutique properties. Remington believes that people are the ultimate source of its competitive advantage and is proud of its reputation for consistently delivering outstanding results to its owners and investors, as well as to its brands, guests, and associates. As a result of its success, Remington has become the place where passionate people thrive. For more information, call (972) 980-2700 or visit www.remingtonhotels.com. #RoomToThrive