Amadeus One debuts as the ‘one’ IT solution to serve the needs of North American business travel
Next generation solution features an integrated Web-based, multi-source desktop supported by unique Amadeus consulting services to help agencies enhance productivity, streamline operations, and optimize procurement
MIAMI, Amadeus, a global leader in technology and distribution solutions, announced today the debut of its latest innovation, Amadeus One, a next generation IT solution designed specifically to serve the needs of the North American business travel marketplace.
Built on next generation technology, Amadeus One is a unique suite of IT solutions and services that will enable business travel agencies to enhance productivity, streamline operations, and optimize procurement, supported by Amadeus' unique travel technology consulting approach.
The innovation behind Amadeus One
The technology foundation of Amadeus One is an innovative Web-based, multi-source professional agent desktop. The solution was built using Amadeus' modular, open architecture which enables the easy and efficient integration of various technologies and components.
Key features of the Amadeus One agent desktop include:
- A unique Web-based, fully customizable desktop environment that addresses all business agency operations in one place.
- Amadeus Cryptic Magic, a proprietary, patent-pending "translation" feature that enables an agent to enter the cryptic commands they are used to at the point-of-sale and obtain the same rich policy compliant results as an agent operating in a graphical environment.
- Multi-source content aggregation pulls travel content from a range of sources, both in- and outside the GDS environment, into an integrated booking flow.
- Robust profile capabilities which enable customer profiles to be easily updated, shared, and utilized across the agency's operation.
- Mid and back office integration which enables business rules and corporate policies to be displayed at the point-of-sale. Agents can perform critical quality control in real-time to better serve their customers, streamline productivity and adhere more easily to policies.
- Integrated booking file repository to store all information related to the trip, enabling delivery of new innovative services and mid office automation models.
- Data services and solutions, including intuitive fare data collection for improved client reporting.
- Powerful administration tools that give the agency optimal control and flexibility in running their business operations.
- Seamless integration and shared content with self-booking tools, including Amadeus e-Travel Management. This means the corporation and the agency can share the same profile database, view the same onscreen information, benefit from detailed reporting, and more.
The new Amadeus Travel Technology Consulting approach
Amadeus' development team in Boston took the lead on technology development, and working with the newly launched Chicago-based Amadeus Travel Technology Consulting team and other Amadeus experts, created the Amadeus One solution.
Amadeus Travel Technology Consulting is a dedicated, cross-functional team of sales engineers, functional specialists and consultants representing a broad array of expertise and experience in the travel industry and beyond. The scope of the new organization covers sales, account management and travel technology, working in tandem with Amadeus' existing local and global commercial organizations.
"The Amadeus Travel Technology Consulting team members are first listeners, then problem solvers, for those customers who need solutions beyond our standard product offerings," said Pynn.
Pynn said the first focus of Amadeus Travel Technology Consulting has been the business travel marketplace, with the development of Amadeus One. However, this group plans to ultimately serve the spectrum of Amadeus customers across the travel industry that could benefit from consulting services and custom IT solutions.
Amadeus' commitment and focus on North America
"Amadeus One is evidence of Amadeus' ongoing commitment and focus in North America," said Kay Urban, president and CEO of Amadeus North America. "Amadeus has been evolving its philosophy, approach, and organization to closely align with the changing needs of the marketplace."
Urban said Amadeus One was "developed in North America, for North America."
Amadeus has already engaged several North American business travel agencies and will be securing launch partners to pilot Amadeus One throughout 2010. Full North American market availability of Amadeus One is planned for the second half of 2010.
For more information about Amadeus or Amadeus One, contact 1-866-AMADEUS, email@example.com, or an Amadeus sales representative.
Phone: 804 675 8151