IHG's First Quarter Trading Update to 31 March 2020
- Group Q1 comparable RevPAR1 down 24.9%; March down 55%; April expected to be down around 80%
- ~15% (~1,000 hotels) of the estate closed as at the end of April; ~10% (~440 hotels) in the Americas, ~50% (~560 hotels) in EMEAA and ~2% (10 hotels) in Greater China
- Occupancy levels in comparable open hotels in the low-to-mid 20% range
- 4.6% YoY net system size growth to 882k rooms
- 6k rooms opened, including 1k in March
- Signed 14k rooms (104 hotels) in the quarter, including 4k in March, taking the pipeline to 288k rooms
- Delivering on our cost reduction and cash conservation actions across the System Fund and Fee Business; on track to reduce Fee Business costs by up to $150m and capex by ~$100m; further cost measures to be implemented to manage the business through the evolving trading environment
- ~$2bn of liquidity available; extension secured on $1.275bn syndicated RCF until September 2023 in addition to covenant waivers already in place; £600m (~$740m) of CCFF funding issued
IHG ® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN Hotels ®, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™ and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 5,800 hotels and approximately 865,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with over 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group's holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihgplc.com/media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/ihgcorporate, www.facebook.com/ihgcorporate and www.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-hotels-group.