Tourism & Leisure Industry Cross Border Venture Financing Deals Total $1.5bn Globally In Q2 2021
Total tourism & leisure industry cross border venture financing deals worth $1.5bn were announced globally in Q2 2021, led by $650m venture financing of FlixMobility, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Comparing cross border deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals worth $1bn in the period. At the country level, the Germany topped the list in terms of deal value at $745.23m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for tourism & leisure industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then North America.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in Q2 2021 was the France with three deals, followed by Germany with three and India with three.
In 2021, at the end, cross border venture financing deals worth $1.5bn were announced globally in tourism & leisure industry, marking a decrease of 243.1% year on year.
Cross Border venture financing deals in tourism & leisure industry in Q2 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals in tourism & leisure industry accounted for 79.9% of the overall value during Q2 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border venture financing deals stood at $1.18bn, against the overall value of $1.5bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five tourism & leisure industry cross border venture financing deals of Q2 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility
- The $176.9m venture financing of Cityneon by Doha Venture Capital, EDBI, Pavilion Capital, Ron Tan and Seatown Holdings International
- Canary Fund – Brazil, Globo Ventures, Iporanga Ventures, Lightrock, Monashees, SoftBank and Valor Capital Group’s $138.61m venture financing of BUSER BRASIL TECNOLOGIA
- The $115m venture financing of Comuto by FMZ Ventures, Otiva and VNV Global
- Alpha Wave Investors, Falcon Edge Capital, Matrix Partners India, Moraine Master, Redwood Trust, SCI Investments V and Sequoia Capital’ venture financing of Stanza Living for $100m.
4,000 of the world"s largest companies, including over 70% of FTSE 100 and 60% of Fortune 100 companies, make more timely and better business decisions thanks to GlobalData"s unique data, expert analysis and innovative solutions, all in one platform. GlobalData"s mission is to help our clients decode the future to be more successful and innovative across a range of industries, including the healthcare, consumer, retail, financial, technology and professional services sectors.